or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Hi, any good advice for small backpack?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hi, any good advice for small backpack? - Page 2

post #31 of 37

Look at BD Avalung Agent or Bandit.  Has Avalung, in case you fall in tree well.  Both are pretty low profile, with the Bandit being smaller.  Agent has water bladder and ski carry ability. 

 

Agent with Avalung for ~$90-100. Ex:  http://gearx.com/black-diamond-agent-avalung-pack.html

 

Bandit, $70:  http://gearx.com/black-diamond-bandit-avalung-pack-2010.html?googlebase&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=COvuw4Pn2LsCFRNqfgod5BkA8Q

post #32 of 37

tball,

 

Can I ask where you ski?  Are you having many incidents that you believe are deliberate, or reckless, of collisions or near collisions?  I ask because several times over the past few years I've had skiboarders slam into me, or nearly do so, in situations where it was completely unnecessary for them to be anywhere near me - plenty of room, I wasn't skiing erratically, etc.  I've begun to wonder if there is some sort of "run down the old guy" game out there among some boarders.

post #33 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post

tball,

Can I ask where you ski?  Are you having many incidents that you believe are deliberate, or reckless, of collisions or near collisions?  I ask because several times over the past few years I've had skiboarders slam into me, or nearly do so, in situations where it was completely unnecessary for them to be anywhere near me - plenty of room, I wasn't skiing erratically, etc.  I've begun to wonder if there is some sort of "run down the old guy" game out there among some boarders.

I believe OP is asking about backpacks, not getting run over by people.
post #34 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserPower View Post

I believe OP is asking about backpacks, not getting run over by people.

They hunt for people with packs?
post #35 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrayedd View Post

They hunt for people with packs?

Maybe. I have no experience with hunting people with packs so I would not know...that could be something OP can design a pack for.
post #36 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserPower View Post


Maybe. I have no experience with hunting people with packs so I would not know...that could be something OP can design a pack for.

 

With a target on the back?

post #37 of 37

That is what OP was asking about.  But tball replied with a number of suggestions that revolved around putting features in the backpack to capture evidence of "predatory" or otherwise dangerous skiers/boarders.  I was responding to tball's portion of the thread, not OPs original question.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Hi, any good advice for small backpack?