- 14,509 Posts. Joined 7/2005
- Location: Whitefish
- Select All Posts By This User
- itemAngel Fire Resorttagged by marznc, 7/17/13
- itemBridger Bowltagged by marznc, 7/17/13
- itemChina Peak Sierra Summittagged by marznc, 7/17/13
- itemCrested Butte Mountain Resorttagged by marznc, 7/17/13
- itemMountain High Resorttagged by marznc, 7/17/13
- topicPowder Alliancetagged by marznc, 6/11/16
- itemSchweitzer Mountain Resorttagged by marznc, 7/17/13
- itemSierra-at-Tahoe Ski Resorttagged by marznc, 7/17/13
- itemStevens Passtagged by marznc, 7/17/13
- itemTimberlinetagged by marznc, 7/17/13
Related Forum Threads
- 14-15 PNW Gathering (WA/OR) Last post on 11/9/15 at 2:53pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- 10 Most Underrated Ski Resorts Last post on 12/6/14 at 11:20am in Après-Ski
- Best Interesting Green Circle Runs Last post on 10/18/16 at 5:32pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Good terrain with affordable lift ticket list Last post on 9/24/16 at 4:43pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- CNL looking for buyer for 16 ski resorts, operational leases would not change Last post on 5/16/16 at 1:56pm in Skiing News
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: Today
- Top 5 Fridays - FIS Drone Ban, Discovery News, Crested Butte,...Last edited: 1/8/16
- Schweitzer Mountain Resort Unofficial GuideLast edited: 10/17/13
- Unofficial Guide To Bridger BowlLast edited: 9/10/13
- Stevens Pass Unofficial GuideLast edited: 6/23/16
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Powder Alliancepost #1 of 457/17/13 at 11:20amThread StarterSome group of ten resorts is about to announce, anyone know which resorts?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 457/17/13 at 11:21amThread Starterpost #3 of 457/17/13 at 11:38am
Me thinks: Stevens Pass, Schweitzer, Mt Hood Skibowl & Timberline, Sierra at Tahoe, China Peak, Mtn High, Angelfire, Crested Butte, and Arizona Snowbowl (and potentially Bridger? see link)... http://winter.schweitzer.com/tickets-passes/passholder-perks/partnership-deal/post #4 of 457/17/13 at 11:41amThread Starterpost #5 of 457/17/13 at 11:43am
My understanding is:
Sierra at Tahoe
Mt. Hood Ski Bowl
Arizona Snow Bowl
Schweitzer has been hyping it for a few months now.post #6 of 457/17/13 at 11:57ampost #7 of 457/17/13 at 12:09pm
The map on the Schweitzer webpage has the Powder Alliance circle on top of where the logos for Crested Butte and Bridger should be. Whoever did the snowflakes stuck one in Arizona, which should be for Bridger up in MT.
Not set up like the MCP. This is a reciprocal season pass deal. Buy the right type of season pass at a participating ski resort, get three free days at the others when you present the season pass. There are some mid-Atlantic areas working together that way too.post #8 of 457/17/13 at 12:17pm
Crested Butte has 2013-14 season pass rates on their websites. Apparently restructured season pass from previous years. Says "Winter 2013/2014 Partner Resort Offers will be announced soon!". CB also offers three free days at Okemo and Mount Sunapee.
Bridger only mentions deals at MT Ski Area Assoc members and Alta as season pass perks. Bridger lift ticket and season pass webpages very different from last season.post #9 of 457/17/13 at 6:25pmpost #10 of 457/17/13 at 6:53pmpost #11 of 457/17/13 at 6:54pm
They did, but it looks like more resorts have been added since then. I'm 90% sure that Crested Butte wasn't an option when they first announced it. That's somewhere I've always wanted to ski and as a Stevens pass holder... hmm.post #12 of 457/17/13 at 8:37pmQuote:
OK, now I get it . . . there are 10 besides Schweitzer so should have 11 snowflakes.post #13 of 457/17/13 at 9:50pmpost #14 of 457/17/13 at 10:42pmpost #15 of 457/17/13 at 10:54pmpost #16 of 457/17/13 at 11:09pmpost #17 of 457/18/13 at 12:49am
Nah, the heat wave melted it!
I know when I picked up my 13/14 season pass at Schweitzer's ticket office in mid-April, the girls behind the counter were extolling the virtues of the Powder Alliance even then. I think it only had 6 or so members at that time, but I remember them mentioning Stevens Pass and Sierra at Tahoe among them. Since then, Schweitzer has been updating changes/additions to the Powder Alliance on their Facebook feed.
Maybe the alliance isn't done expanding even now...post #18 of 457/18/13 at 8:17amQuote:Originally Posted by SkierishI know when I picked up my 13/14 season pass at Schweitzer's ticket office in mid-April, the girls behind the counter were extolling the virtues of the Powder Alliance even then. I think it only had 6 or so members at that time, but I remember them mentioning Stevens Pass and Sierra at Tahoe among them. Since then, Schweitzer has been updating changes/additions to the Powder Alliance on their Facebook feed.
Maybe the alliance isn't done expanding even now...
I would think the cross-marketing opportunities would be well worth the cost of 3 day tickets as a perk to entice people to buy a season pass at their local mountain. Not like thousands are going to make it to more than a few of the alliance destinations.post #19 of 457/18/13 at 8:25am
Snowbasin looks like #12.
From the Mountain High website:
Beginning August 31st, save up to 57% on adult, anytime season passes. Or go VIP and receive terrific benefits like 3 FREE days at 11 other Powder Alliance resorts!post #20 of 457/18/13 at 8:31ampost #21 of 457/18/13 at 9:13am
This is a great deal for a Stevens passholder. An everyday pass (which qualifiies you for this) is only $499 right now; if you ski Stevens even semi regularly and take a trip or two a year, this is perfect.
But its not tempting enough for me to switch my allegiance from Crystal to Stevens. But if Sun Valley became part of this, I'd buy a Stevens pass in a heartbeat.post #22 of 457/18/13 at 10:54ampost #23 of 457/18/13 at 12:07pmQuote:
I wish it was Sunrise as well, or instead of Snowbowl.post #24 of 457/18/13 at 1:25pmThis could be super sweet for me, I will be renewing my Stevens pass with an instructor discount (independent ski school). Last year my pass was $279; should be similar this yearpost #25 of 457/18/13 at 4:46pmpost #26 of 457/18/13 at 5:21pm
Snowbowl is underrated. The lift sucks but the terrain is actually pretty damn good when the snow is right. On school days it it virtually empty. Sunrise on the other hand has nothing very challenging to ski. I do wish they did pass deals together though. .post #27 of 457/18/13 at 5:30pm
Stevens has a good webpage about the Powder Alliance. Lists 12 ski resorts together with the black out dates (standard major holidays) for partner day tickets. Those day tickets are not ever good for a Saturday.post #28 of 457/18/13 at 5:35pmQuote:
Are you sure? The way I read the Stevens Powder Alliance webpage, the free partner day tickets are for "Everyday passholders," meaning the folks who buy an unlimited pass that is at least $449.post #29 of 457/18/13 at 5:40pm
Aha! The Powder Alliance website is up based on 12 "specialty resorts."
"Powder explorers unite! Twelve of the greatest powder stashes in the country have joined forces to create the Powder Alliance, a group of specialty resorts dedicated to ensuring you spend as little time behind a desk as possible. Buy an anytime season pass to any one of our exciting areas and receive three FREE days at all the rest. That’s 33 FREE tickets!"
Only one FAQ:
Q) I need to contact somebody to ask a question about the Powder Alliance – who do I call?
A) The best place to get more information about the Powder Alliance is from your local partner resort. Each ski area involved will have all the information you need.post #30 of 457/18/13 at 5:46pm
The July 18 press release makes it sound like a done deal with a dozen.
12 WESTERN RESORTS FORM ‘POWDER ALLIANCE’614 view(s)
SAM Magazine—Wrightwood, Calif., July 18, 2013—In response to the development of other multi-area pass deals, a dozen Western resorts have created the Powder Alliance and are offering free lift access to “anytime” passholders from member resorts. The areas are Crested Butte, Colo.; Snowbasin Resort, Utah; Sierra-at-Tahoe, China Peak, and Mountain High, Calif.; Stevens Pass and Schweitzer, Wash.; Timberline and Mt. Hood Skibowl, Ore.; Arizona Snowbowl; Angel Fire Resort, N.M.; and Bridger Bowl, Mont.
. . .
- Powder Alliance
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top 5 Fridays - FIS Drone Ban, Discovery News, Crested Butte,...
- › How to fix cracked ski edge 2 minutes ago
- › 87 degree side edge too much for park? 6 minutes ago
- › 5-year plans for Alta and Snowbasin 8 minutes ago
- › Arc'teryx Theta SVX shell, Large, Carbon Copy color 10 minutes ago
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 24 minutes ago
- › RV Camper Friendly- Big Sky, MT 26 minutes ago
- › Tuning Elan Amphibio 88xti skis 46 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 56 minutes ago
- › Christmas cancelled, trip moved to mid-Feb. Suggestions please? 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Steelers Baby! 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer