Hello guys, I need some help planning a short skiing trip to Colorado in thanksgiving weekend.
I am an intermediate skiier wokring in Columbus, IN. I regularly go to PerfectNorth here in winter, whenever I get the chance. I have another friend from Phoenix who is getting hang of Snow-boardinbg and we are planning to spend a week at any Colorado Ski resort before we fly off for holidays to our country!
I will break it down actually :
1. Find a resort, if they open around 23rd November.
2. Fly to Denver, on 23rd, and head the place where we will be skiing/boarding.
3. Spend next 4-5 days on hill.
Does that sound like a good plan?
- What ski slopes might be cost effective for us? I am not a pro to aim for super tough slopes. In fact any slope with long slopes should be good for us.
- Do they provide a weekly pass or something?
- I wont be having my own gear all. How much will be total cost roughly, with slope pass and ski/boarding gear?
- Do resorts open around 23rd Nov?
- What is a good slope nearby Denver, so I dont have to travel? I am guessing Denver will be best connected for flights!
Any other things to look for? I ahve no clue about resorts in Colorado. Its going to be the first time.
I appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.