- 1,710 Posts. Joined 3/2005
- Location: Melrose, Massachusetts
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Copper vs Winter Park at Thanksgiving Last post on 10/10/16 at 3:50am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- MAX Pass in CO in April? [- A Family Skiing thread] Last post on 9/29/16 at 10:15am in Family Skiing Discussions
- Will Winter Park or Steamboat be Busiest the weekend before Christmas? Last post on 9/5/16 at 4:31pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Which resort has the easiest greens? [A Beginner Zone question] Last post on 5/6/16 at 1:15pm in Beginner Zone
- Spring Break trip with beginner Teens and Intermediate Old Man [CO Summit County in early March] Last post on 2/27/16 at 4:36pm in Family Skiing Discussions
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- 2017 Blizzard Skis PreviewLast edited: 8/4/16
- Colorado Spring Skiing: Don't Fear the AprilLast edited: 6/1/13
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
SIA demo moving to Copper in 2014 - Page 2post #31 of 456/12/13 at 6:16pmThen you must drive! It is very likely that the Utah gathering will overlap with a gathering of Alta Kackers.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 451/25/14 at 8:55am
A little stoke...SIA just popped into the forecast window and while it's a way out it's looking good.Quote:
Snow for the northern mountains, eastern foothills and plains on Monday. Then additional snow for the northern mountains from Wednesday through Saturday, though I have low confidence in the snow amounts during this time. I have higher confidence that a storm will bring snow to most of Colorado, including the southern mountains, sometime between February 2nd to 5th.
Lots of snow starved folks will be visiting, so hopefully Colorado will deliver some pow. At the very least, the base is in place and Copper will likely be 100% open by then. It's just the Tucker Mountain snowcat accessed terrain yet to open, probably one storm away.
Here's a current pic of Tucker from the webcam on top of Union Peak:post #33 of 451/31/14 at 4:34ampost #34 of 451/31/14 at 5:58ampost #35 of 451/31/14 at 6:34amQuote:
Where in the past few years, we were testing hard snow skis at SIA...looks like there might be a different strategy for this season...98's and above it looks like.post #36 of 451/31/14 at 7:26amThread StarterQuote:
I assume you've tested your fill of hard snow skis in the past year or so....post #37 of 451/31/14 at 9:34amQuote:
I'm hoping to try out my Katana V Werks in their intended environment Sunday before the on-snow testing starts.post #38 of 451/31/14 at 10:40pm
A little stoke from Copper today:
Those are the Fremont glades (far skiers right) on Tucker taken from the Black Jack lift.
Here's a picture of Tucker Mountain I took last year from the Mountain Chief lift (after getting some of the first tracks of the year, so it's my avatar )post #39 of 452/1/14 at 3:34ampost #40 of 452/1/14 at 8:34am
Oh my, the skies have parted! Here's a live look at Tucker:
That looks... very dangerous. They are going to bomb that into oblivion before it opens. I'd think at least a day's work, then several days at least of directed skiing and maybe more blasting. Bring your beacon if you have one, seriously. Patrol going to be busy picking up body parts today and tomorrow. It will be interesting to see when they can even get started with Tucker control work.
If they somehow get it open by Mon or Tues, don't plan to demo many skis and ski Tucker in the same day. From the base it's 30 mins to get there. One to two hours for a lap depending on the line for the snowcat, then another 20 mins to get back to the base. That will all change very soon when there's a lift up there
Edit: consider having earplugs with you if you are skiing Copper bowl anytime soon. It's gonna be loud when they get to work on that. Fun show to watch too.post #41 of 452/2/14 at 6:50am
Tucker planned to open today. Sounds like they think they can get control work done and open it today.Quote:TUCKER MOUNTAIN is expected to open today weather and conditions permitting for the first time this season. Fremont 1 will be closed. The snowcat is expected to run to Lallarookn and TUCKER MOUNTAIN today from 10am to 2pm.
Looks like they got some work done yesterday.
Probably more blasting today before it opens. I'd talk to a patroller about how long it might take before waiting in line. Not sure I'd waste half my day waiting in line for Tucker. I'd probably be scavenging leftovers and looking to get in line for Tucker early tomorrow. There will be plenty left on Tucker tomorrow.
GO BRONCOS!post #42 of 452/2/14 at 6:47pmpost #43 of 452/2/14 at 6:54pmpost #44 of 452/2/14 at 8:10pmpost #45 of 452/3/14 at 3:17pm
Looks like a fun day out there today. Plenty of room for all the tents at the bustling center village.
Meanwhile, it was a typical sleepy Monday over at the Super Bee:
- SIA demo moving to Copper in 2014
- 2017 Blizzard Skis Preview
- › Basic entry level poles? 3 minutes ago
- › Achilles tear no surgery 13 minutes ago
- › What's your ski trip rig? Lets see some pictures! 15 minutes ago
- › GogglePal - anyone test this universal HUD yet? 56 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 3 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › 2015 Fischer Motive 95 180cm quick review 3 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Atomic Redster Ski Boot Club 4 hours, 1 minute ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 5 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Colorado Winter Driving...is AWD enough? 5 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer