- 1,710 Posts. Joined 3/2005
- Location: Melrose, Massachusetts
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- It's been a long time, looking for some logistical help [staying in Dillon Dec. 18-22] Last post on 11/29/16 at 5:25pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Copper vs Winter Park at Thanksgiving Last post on 10/10/16 at 3:50am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- MAX Pass in CO in April? [- A Family Skiing thread] Last post on 9/29/16 at 10:15am in Family Skiing Discussions
- Will Winter Park or Steamboat be Busiest the weekend before Christmas? Last post on 9/5/16 at 4:31pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Which resort has the easiest greens? [A Beginner Zone question] Last post on 5/6/16 at 1:15pm in Beginner Zone
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- 2017 Blizzard Skis PreviewLast edited: 8/4/16
- Colorado Spring Skiing: Don't Fear the AprilLast edited: 6/1/13
Flumserberg is a nice day trip ski resort about an hour train ride from Zurich (or drive). I skied here as a midweek season pass holder for a couple of seasons. Midweek it has small lift lines,...
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
SIA demo moving to Copper in 2014 - Page 2post #31 of 456/12/13 at 6:16pmThen you must drive! It is very likely that the Utah gathering will overlap with a gathering of Alta Kackers.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 451/25/14 at 8:55am
A little stoke...SIA just popped into the forecast window and while it's a way out it's looking good.Quote:
Snow for the northern mountains, eastern foothills and plains on Monday. Then additional snow for the northern mountains from Wednesday through Saturday, though I have low confidence in the snow amounts during this time. I have higher confidence that a storm will bring snow to most of Colorado, including the southern mountains, sometime between February 2nd to 5th.
Lots of snow starved folks will be visiting, so hopefully Colorado will deliver some pow. At the very least, the base is in place and Copper will likely be 100% open by then. It's just the Tucker Mountain snowcat accessed terrain yet to open, probably one storm away.
Here's a current pic of Tucker from the webcam on top of Union Peak:post #33 of 451/31/14 at 4:34ampost #34 of 451/31/14 at 5:58ampost #35 of 451/31/14 at 6:34amQuote:
Where in the past few years, we were testing hard snow skis at SIA...looks like there might be a different strategy for this season...98's and above it looks like.post #36 of 451/31/14 at 7:26amThread StarterQuote:
I assume you've tested your fill of hard snow skis in the past year or so....post #37 of 451/31/14 at 9:34amQuote:
I'm hoping to try out my Katana V Werks in their intended environment Sunday before the on-snow testing starts.post #38 of 451/31/14 at 10:40pm
A little stoke from Copper today:
Those are the Fremont glades (far skiers right) on Tucker taken from the Black Jack lift.
Here's a picture of Tucker Mountain I took last year from the Mountain Chief lift (after getting some of the first tracks of the year, so it's my avatar )post #39 of 452/1/14 at 3:34ampost #40 of 452/1/14 at 8:34am
Oh my, the skies have parted! Here's a live look at Tucker:
That looks... very dangerous. They are going to bomb that into oblivion before it opens. I'd think at least a day's work, then several days at least of directed skiing and maybe more blasting. Bring your beacon if you have one, seriously. Patrol going to be busy picking up body parts today and tomorrow. It will be interesting to see when they can even get started with Tucker control work.
If they somehow get it open by Mon or Tues, don't plan to demo many skis and ski Tucker in the same day. From the base it's 30 mins to get there. One to two hours for a lap depending on the line for the snowcat, then another 20 mins to get back to the base. That will all change very soon when there's a lift up there
Edit: consider having earplugs with you if you are skiing Copper bowl anytime soon. It's gonna be loud when they get to work on that. Fun show to watch too.post #41 of 452/2/14 at 6:50am
Tucker planned to open today. Sounds like they think they can get control work done and open it today.Quote:TUCKER MOUNTAIN is expected to open today weather and conditions permitting for the first time this season. Fremont 1 will be closed. The snowcat is expected to run to Lallarookn and TUCKER MOUNTAIN today from 10am to 2pm.
Looks like they got some work done yesterday.
Probably more blasting today before it opens. I'd talk to a patroller about how long it might take before waiting in line. Not sure I'd waste half my day waiting in line for Tucker. I'd probably be scavenging leftovers and looking to get in line for Tucker early tomorrow. There will be plenty left on Tucker tomorrow.
GO BRONCOS!post #42 of 452/2/14 at 6:47pmpost #43 of 452/2/14 at 6:54pmpost #44 of 452/2/14 at 8:10pmpost #45 of 452/3/14 at 3:17pm
Looks like a fun day out there today. Plenty of room for all the tents at the bustling center village.
Meanwhile, it was a typical sleepy Monday over at the Super Bee:
- SIA demo moving to Copper in 2014
- 2017 Blizzard Skis Preview
- › Venting 4 minutes ago
- › What do I need to have my binding mounted? 5 minutes ago
- › Intuition liners to replace my Hotronics? 9 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 14 minutes ago
- › Looking for a good 105-115 freeride ski, comparing options: Fischer... 22 minutes ago
- › What do you NOT save money on when traveling to ski? 23 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat 23 minutes ago
- › Welcome to the Intermediate Zone! 24 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, MD,... 25 minutes ago
- › Winter tires - which model to choose ? 27 minutes ago
- › Flumserberg by willyofoz
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis