I've rented a condo in Canmore for two weeks in late February-early March, 2014. My plans are to ski Sunshine Village and Lake Louise. I am looking for any advice about the area, discount lift tickets and any mountain info. I would also like to know where to hang out in Canmore. Where to go for happy hour and where to go for dinner. Thanks for your help !!!
Related Forum Threads
- Alberta / Eastern BC, crowds in March? Last post on 9/26/16 at 1:25pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Alberta/Eastern BC - 2016/17 Last post on 10/23/16 at 10:19am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Albertanskigirl or other BC experts: Planning Xmas (~12/20-12/27) trip to interior BC and... Last post on 10/5/16 at 7:40pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Big 3 ski area -- Sunshine, Lake Louise, Norquay Last post on 8/24/16 at 10:55am in General Skiing Discussion
- Banff Hotels and a couple of questions. Last post on 9/5/16 at 4:59pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
First time skiing Banff
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Why'd you rent in Canmore? Looks like a cool town on its own, but it's twice as far from skiing as Banff itself. My advice would be to change that to Banff or Lake Louise so that you're close to one of the resorts. Lake Louise is gorgeous and kind of secluded, while Banff is more of a legitimate ski town.
If you haven't already, can click on the tags (right column under Topics Discussed) for the related resorts to quickly get to the EpicSki resorts page. You'll find reviews and related threads there. Or can do a directed Google search something like "Banff: epicski.com".
Canmore is a great place to stay. It is just outside the park gates. Everything is a little cheaper than in Banff. Lots of good restaurants and just a few minutes from Banff main street. Dont forget you will need a park pass to enter Banff National Park. You can get it at the main gates.
- First time skiing Banff
- › Advice on building a quiver 14 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 3 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › Bode News 4 hours ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 4 hours ago
- › Race Boot Recommendations 4 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 5 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Marker WC Piston Control Plate Mounting 5 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › How many sizes of skis will my child go through? 5 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Cons and Pros. Atomic Vantage cti 90 vs Nordica Enforcer 93 6 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › FS: Jackets, Hats, Gloves, & Mittens 6 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer