I just got fitted into the aforementioned boot and I'm looking forward to trying them out on snow! In the meantime, I was wondering whether any Bears out there own this boot and what their impressions are?
From what I can tell (and why I bought them over any other boot in the store) they are:
(1) on the stiff end of their 130 flex rating;
(2) very responsive (their flex seems to start right away as compared to some other boots I tried that seemed to have a more progressive feel);
(3) very torsionally stiff (these boots are absolute bricks, even in the warmth of the store in summertime);
(4) a more upright stance than other race boots (I have the yellow, flatter, footboards in -- does anyone have any comments on the white footboards?);
(5) functional, but completely average buckles;
(6) very basic ankle strap (I put on my Booster for the shell, but kept the factory strap to clamp down the liner, but this is something I'm still messing with); and
(7) a very nice, tough, lace-up liner that feels substantial and is fitted beautifully to my foot after a heat mold.
Like all wise boot purchases, I bought the boot that felt the best anatomically-speaking and that also had the qualities I'm looking for in a ski boot (energy and responsiveness). But, like all big purchases, I have a little buyer's remorse: Are these TOO stiff? Are they TOO much a one-trick pony that will let me down in the bumps and backcountry? Anyway, any comments on these boots from their users would be greatly appreciated!
Hope everyone is having a great off season!!