- 28 Posts. Joined 7/2007
- Select All Posts By This User
- itemPark City Mountain Resorttagged by Laurel Hill Crazie, 6/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- The "Park City Effect": UT Records Best Skier Visits Last post on 7/27/16 at 8:19pm in Skiing News
- Park City late Jan 2016 Last post on 1/29/16 at 7:13pm in Trip Reports
- Park City & Canyons are shaping up with recent storms! :) Last post on 1/9/16 at 9:42am in Trip Reports
- PCMR Best lift there to lap for experts? Last post on 2/16/16 at 3:46pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Park city travel timing advice Last post on 9/20/15 at 1:25pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
Last edited: 9/14/16
- Park City, UT - A PictorialLast edited: 9/20/15
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
- Park City, UT - A Pictorial
May have made the wrong choice but were off to park city in December
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If you're saying Vail is guaranteed that early and Park City is not, I don't believe that's the case. Someone like Tony Crocker can weigh in with more expertise, but I think the odds of either having decent snow that early are about equal. And of course, the odds are better at the Cottonwood Canyon resorts. Which you could drive to in a pinch.
The canyons isn't the Cottonwood Canyons. Big and Little Cottonwood canyons are the geographical features where Alta, Snowbird, Solitude and Brighton ski resorts are... they're maybe 45min from Park City south east of SLC, The base elevations at these resorts are higher (colder), and collect more snow as Park City unfortunately is on the leeward side of the Wasatch range.
I love this video... a fast tracked drive from Salt Lake City to Brighton... it starts in a spring-like SLC and ends in a winter wonderland at Brighton. They do it in 4 minutes, but in reality its 15-20min.
So we stayed at the Marriott Summit Watch in PC the first week of December 2012. We could have stayed in either Marriott PC property but chose Summit Watch as there wouldn't really be enough snow to enjoy the ski in/out. Also we knew that we would not be skiing that much in PC and Summit Watch was a little closer to Route 80 and the Cottonwood Canyons. There was little snow anywhere and while PC and Canyons was opened the skiing was VERY limited.
So for our four days of skiing we skied Alta three times and Deer Valley once (opening day 2012 which actually snowed). Its amazing the lack of snow in SLC and even in PC and then you drive an hour and then head up the Little Cottonwood Canyon and a couple of miles from Alta/Snowbird it was like mid-winter outside our window.
Hopefully 2013 will be better in PC in December.
Nobody is guaranteed in mid-December but Vail is a better bet than Park City. Vail in January vs. Park City in December..... I really don't understand how people make these decisions unless there's a massive price difference.
Yes you'll probably be driving around to the Cottonwood Canyons multiple days on this trip, minimum one hour each way, for better snow. And the reason for the Park City decision was that it was ski-in-ski-out?????
These are timeshare properties are they not...
This sounds like another classic case of why I'll never buy a timeshare... its almost impossible to plan a good vacation, because you can never get the right week at the right place.
- May have made the wrong choice but were off to park city in December
- › Steelers Baby! 5 minutes ago
- › Quick Bonafide size question? 37 minutes ago
- › Demo bindings 49 minutes ago
- › First time buying skis - need suggestions please [mother skiing... 58 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › Another What ski/size question, with a twist... 1 hour, 48 minutes ago
- › Skis and Snowboards Made in the USA from Prospect 2 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Decision '17: Whistler or Alta/Bird? 2 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › Adjusting Head bindings for boot length 2 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Silver Mountain, Idaho has a new owner 2 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer