I've been cleaning up the quiver for storage over the summer and thought I would ask others to contribute their secrets
to how they like to store their skis.
Note: It is best to have your skis tuned well before summer storage, then when next season rolls around you can scrape the base prep, apply fresh glide wax and you are ready to ski.
Once the skis are well tuned, here an easy system:
1) Wipe down skis with a clean lint-free cloth.
2) Iron on ReNew Base Prep and "hot scrape" while the wax is still warm to help clean the base, repeat if the skis are very dirty
3) Add more ReNew prep wax, iron in and allow to cool, if the base still looks like it will accept more wax, then repeat until saturated.
4) Rub wax along the edges to help prevent rust from forming.
5) Once cool, use ski straps at the tips, tail and mid-point. PVC (or easy release) tape will work as well, but duct tape or masking tape is not advised and will be difficult to remove from the top sheet and sidewalls come next Fall.
6) Store skis in a cool dry place.
I'm interested in how others like to store their skis so feel free to note your methods!