Had a great time playing pool with you, HFNM. That was my first Mother's Day at A-Basin, but definitely not my last.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What ski resort in Canada? Done Whistler last season. Last post on 9/10/16 at 11:58am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- If you could pick one mountain town to live in the US... Last post on 9/14/16 at 4:23pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Long-Term Career Resorts Last post on 7/19/16 at 3:24pm in General Skiing Discussion
- All Wheel Drives Last post on 10/20/13 at 10:15pm in Automotive/Car Talk
- Best skier vehicle? Last post on 8/31/13 at 7:49pm in Automotive/Car Talk
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Professional Ski Bumming - Page 6
Decided to finally read trhough the thread and it sounds like an awesome trip. Nicely done with the house!
If you end up needing to find another place to stay I would check out couchsurfing.org
Fantastic website. My friends and I used it in Europe and had really good experiences with it. The best part is the people you get to meet (not that you need any help with that from the sounds of it)
Likewise! Let's do it again soon!!
This one has been idle for a few days...figured I'd throw out a quick update....
The skiing has been pretty phenomenal, albeit totally schizo. One day will be glorious spring conditions and the next is a powder day! Talk about the best of both worlds. In any case, I'm certainly not complaining...this time of year, any skiing is good skiing! Here are a couple of shots from the last 48hrs to show you what I mean...
Yesterday I was partying on the beach in a t shirt....
Today I was getting fresh tracks.
Some other notable moments...
Sent the big cornice to the lookers right of Norway about 35ft (give or take a couple of inches)
Sent a big 360 toxic off the big cliff in Falcon
Went 0/3 on backflips off natural features...pretty sure a couple of Bears witnessed one or two of those.
And that's about it for now...I'll continue to update as more exciting stuff unfolds. It is snowing really hard right now in Keystone so I don't imagine it will be too long!
Classic picture of springtime in the Rockies: high altitude sun, dazzling blue ski, beautiful girls, cold beer, and new snow on the way. Plus Aspen Mt. reopens next weekend if you want some more lift served fun. As I learned many many years ago, if you are going to be out of work you can do it anywhere, so might as well be in a sweet spot. I would guess that the party is not over by a long shot, in fact from what I remember it never really stops,
it just moves around. Keep turning'm you flipp'n hippie!
Hey sorry I haven't replied/updated this thread in a while. I was actually forced to abandon my summer ski bum adventure because of some car troubles. I'm actually living in the woods of northern New Mexico, which is why I've been away from my computer for so long. It has been a very peaceful and relaxing summer, but I'm starting to get the winter itch. I spent a lot of time kayaking the Rio Grande and fishing the Cimarron River. I'll be taking a trip to the east coast for about 6 weeks to visit some friends and go salmon fishing and then I'll be heading back to Taos for another glorious winter. I may be hitting up Burning Man the last week of August with some fellow Bears as well. I'm also thinking about heading to A Basin for their opening day and then staying until TSV opens for the season. Let me know if any of you guys out there want to rendezvous at some point during the next few months!
Haha...thanks so much TC!!
I guess this warrants a quick update.....I'm back on snow!! I've been skiing a lot the last few weeks. I think I'm going to be at Wolf Creek this weekend and then up to A Basin next week. Other than that I'm earning some turns in the Taos backcountry. Let me know if anyone wants to link up!!
- Professional Ski Bumming
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 27 minutes ago
- › Cons and Pros. Atomic Vantage cti 90 vs Nordica Enforcer 93 45 minutes ago
- › FS: Jackets, Hats, Gloves, & Mittens 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › how to adjust Marker Titanium SC bindings? 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › How many sizes of skis will my child go through? 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Silver Mountain, Idaho has a new owner 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › Where to ski to see majestic mountains out West (for intermediate... 2 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 2 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Quick Bonafide size question? 2 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer