Anyone know? Looks like there are some options. Thanks in advance!
Best route from Seattle to Bachelor?
Highway 26 past Mount Hood to Highway 97 south to Bend will be your most direct route other than having to pass through some surface streets in Portland.
You can also go south on Interstate 5 to Salem first then take Highway 20 over Santiam Pass, which is more scenic but also more twisty.
Either route takes about the same amount of time depending on weather.
- 57 Posts. Joined 1/2009
- Location: PNW
- Select All Posts By This User
That's a long drive.
The Mt. Hood route (I-5 South to 84 to 26 to 97) is an easier drive.
Either way, if it is snowing at the higher elevations, like it might this weekend, bring chains or have AWD.
Also Smith Rock State Park just off of 97 is a really cool place worth checking out. If I am driving back and have extra time, I like to stop there. Good place to stop and stretch the legs, maybe do a short hike.
hmmm. that's a bit of a weather update. No complaints though! Fat skis in the car... check.
This one isn't quite so rosy, but still nice:
Being PNW'ers, we're pretty well versed in and stocked with crappy weather clothing. I've heard visibility is often in short supply up at Bachelor.
So true. I like how at the edge of the corduroy there can sometimes be a 12 inch tall vertical wall of snow. Can you say, "double eject?"
Your weekend forecast for Bachelor.
- Friday Snow showers. High near 32. Breezy, with a southwest wind 21 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Friday Night Snow showers. Low around 21. Southwest wind 17 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 32. Breezy.
- Saturday Night Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Sunday Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 32.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
Have fun,be safe and spend money.