Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Mammoth Mountain for 2015-2016 Last post on 8/27/16 at 6:37pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Mammoth Mid May Worth It? Last post on 4/29/16 at 6:07pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Mammoth or Squaw Valley? Last post on 3/28/16 at 3:20pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Early April Skiing with Kids? [a Family Skiing thread] Last post on 2/2/16 at 3:32pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Mammoth buys Big Bear and Snow Summit Last post on 9/29/14 at 6:28pm in Skiing News
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: Yesterday
- Mammoth Mountain, Eastern Sierra, CALast edited: 1/31/16
- Unofficial Guide of Bear Mountain, Big Bear Lake, CaliforniaLast edited: 3/24/16
- Snow Summit, CA Unofficial GuideLast edited: 9/6/13
- Big Bear, CA Unofficial GuideLast edited: 3/24/16
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
What to expect in mammoth? - Page 7post #181 of 5585/13/13 at 3:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #182 of 5585/13/13 at 4:30pmThread StarterFor those who work?
Well depending on how you look at it... Working Mon-Thur/Fri makes weekend get-away skiing that much sweeter.
Having said that, I wouldn't mind skiing on Mondays, if given the opportunity.post #183 of 5585/13/13 at 4:33pmThread Starterpost #184 of 5585/13/13 at 4:33pmThread Starterpost #185 of 5585/13/13 at 4:33pmThread Starterpost #186 of 5585/13/13 at 6:13pmpost #187 of 5585/13/13 at 6:15pmpost #188 of 5585/13/13 at 6:18pmpost #189 of 5585/13/13 at 8:49pmpost #190 of 5585/14/13 at 10:23ampost #191 of 5585/14/13 at 6:29pmThread Starterpost #192 of 5585/15/13 at 8:51amQuote:
That sounds like a great deal, do you go there every year?post #193 of 5585/15/13 at 9:23amThread StarterHi, no I just came across the AD so thought I would share it with Epicskiers. I entertained the thought of going to S.A. for skiing this summer, but made a choice to save it later.
Are you still in Mammoth skiing?post #194 of 5585/15/13 at 9:30amQuote:
nope back in Socal.... But planning my next trip, eyeing some places outside of bishop for fathers day weekend. Wahoo gullies anyone? or bloody mtn?post #195 of 5585/20/13 at 3:53pmThread Starterpost #196 of 5585/20/13 at 3:56pmpost #197 of 5585/20/13 at 3:58pmThread Starterpost #198 of 5585/21/13 at 2:30pmpost #199 of 5585/22/13 at 6:09amThread Starterpost #200 of 5585/22/13 at 10:04ampost #201 of 5585/24/13 at 7:25pmpost #202 of 5585/25/13 at 1:09pmThread Starterpost #203 of 5585/25/13 at 6:25pmThread StarterIt was good to see families and folks having a good time, but when I fell due to heavy traffic, I knew it was my time to now out.
So my wife and I went fishing at one of the lakes nearby. There was no fish in the lake... Still we had a good time.post #204 of 5585/25/13 at 7:06pm
I quit early on my last ski day of the season due to the crowds, slush and the long drive home to Idaho..
I got there early (on the chair at 7:35) and still had to walk about 1/4 mile to the main lodge. When I left, cars were parked about another 1/2 mile down.post #205 of 5585/25/13 at 7:45pmThread Starterpost #206 of 5585/25/13 at 8:31pmQuote:
About 10 hours to the Sun Valley area in Sourth Central Idaho. Would be considerably more to northern Idaho. Closer open areas include Snowbird and Bachelor, both of which I ski in late season, but I wanted to try Mammoth.post #207 of 5585/25/13 at 8:36pmpost #208 of 5585/26/13 at 11:08amThread Starterpost #209 of 5585/26/13 at 1:36pmpost #210 of 5585/27/13 at 10:33amQuote:they will be open for private training camps. as far as the public I believe Monday is the final day...
IncorrectQuote = Mammoth Mountainabout an hour ago via mobile
Haven't had enough? OK, we'll stay open a little bit longer just for you... Cooler weather and snow is in the forecast, so come on up and enjoy the last blast of winter! Starting Tuesday we will operate Chairs 1 and 3 and both gondolas. Stay tuned for our official closing date!
Public operation is dependent upon the "Broadway Rule." If they don't think they can maintain a strip of snow to the base of chair 1, they might close to the public while the training camps are still there. I recall one instance of that, 2009 I think. Broadway is quite "broad" this year vs. last year when it was hanging by a thread to get to Memorial Day. So my guess is that Mammoth will be open as long as the training camps are there to pay the bills.
- What to expect in mammoth?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Mammoth Mountain, Eastern Sierra, CA
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 3 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Bode News 3 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 3 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Race Boot Recommendations 3 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 4 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Marker WC Piston Control Plate Mounting 4 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › How many sizes of skis will my child go through? 4 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › Cons and Pros. Atomic Vantage cti 90 vs Nordica Enforcer 93 6 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › FS: Jackets, Hats, Gloves, & Mittens 6 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › how to adjust Marker Titanium SC bindings? 6 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer