not crowded at all..
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Mammoth Mountain for 2015-2016 Last post on 8/27/16 at 6:37pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Mammoth Mid May Worth It? Last post on 4/29/16 at 6:07pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Mammoth or Squaw Valley? Last post on 3/28/16 at 3:20pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Early April Skiing with Kids? [a Family Skiing thread] Last post on 2/2/16 at 3:32pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Mammoth buys Big Bear and Snow Summit Last post on 9/29/14 at 6:28pm in Skiing News
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Mammoth Mountain, Eastern Sierra, CALast edited: 1/31/16
- Unofficial Guide of Bear Mountain, Big Bear Lake, CaliforniaLast edited: 3/24/16
- Snow Summit, CA Unofficial GuideLast edited: 9/6/13
- Big Bear, CA Unofficial GuideLast edited: 3/24/16
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
What to expect in mammoth? - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 5585/3/13 at 8:00pmThread StarterBack here in mammoth lakes for the weekend.. arrived late like 2:30 pm. Snow was not terrible but i did have one surprise near-injury moment when I hit a super sticky patch and my body bent forward so abruptly. Thank goodness I'm ok.
Hope morning skiing will be far better. Otherwise, this weekend may end up being my last trip here for this season...post #153 of 5585/4/13 at 10:14ampost #154 of 5585/4/13 at 12:03pmpost #155 of 5585/4/13 at 12:31pmpost #156 of 5585/4/13 at 7:07pmThread StarterWow - great spring skiing today. Crunchy corduroy in the morning, which was a pleasant surprise because it stayed above 32 over night. It held up reasonably well until 11 am or so thanks to the lighter than usual crowd. I did 20+ runs with my SL skis on stump alley until hail storm hit the mountain at 1 pm. Hope it'll be clear in the morning like the weather forecast says...I checked out lake Mary too.
I'm definitely coming back a few more times before the end of the season. After that, back for some fishing at the lake. Mammoth is awesome!post #157 of 5585/4/13 at 7:54pmpost #158 of 5585/4/13 at 8:21pmpost #159 of 5585/4/13 at 10:31pmQuote:
sounds good, I think we are going to stay at the village, (me and one of my ski buds). exchange #'s on pm.post #160 of 5585/5/13 at 7:35amThread Starterpost #161 of 5585/5/13 at 8:58ampost #162 of 5585/5/13 at 7:32pmThread Starterpost #163 of 5585/7/13 at 10:55pmThread Starterpost #164 of 5585/8/13 at 10:09amI know. I'm glad you discovered how wonderful Mammoth is!My May weekends seem to have gotten filled with one thing or another. If Mammoth stays open past Memorial Day weekend, maybe I can still get up there for one more trip of the 2012-13 season.post #165 of 5585/8/13 at 11:06ampost #166 of 5585/8/13 at 12:32pmThread Starter
I got an email from Mammoth yesterday about the special called "Endless Winter 3-Pack" that they have now - 3 for $49 a day, whether consecutive or apart.
I had an impression that they will close at the end of Memorial day holiday or soon after.post #167 of 5585/10/13 at 1:07pmpost #168 of 5585/10/13 at 1:38pmpost #169 of 5585/10/13 at 5:15pmThread StarterThat looks like Chair 23 to Cornice...Yup not bad at all except some super sticky patches in the afternoon -- arrived at 11 am and skied until the closing time. NOTE to self: 7:30-2:30 for the rest of the season.
Edited by nochaser - 5/10/13 at 5:44pmpost #170 of 5585/10/13 at 11:04pmQuote:
arriving tomorrow, should be slope side by noon, yes!post #171 of 5585/10/13 at 11:23pmQuote:
C u tomorrow bro, I'll give you a buzz when we are booted up. my buddy is bringing his snow board so.... He's a little slow but will hang out on 23 with me most of the day.. I'm pretty sure I can convince him to rent some skis at least one of the days, as he is a better skier.post #172 of 5585/11/13 at 7:01ampost #173 of 5585/11/13 at 10:26amThread Starterpost #174 of 5585/11/13 at 4:46pmpost #175 of 5585/11/13 at 5:47pmThread Starterpost #176 of 5585/11/13 at 6:17pmpost #177 of 5585/11/13 at 8:40pm
Made it up to Mammoth for a weekend session.
7:30 start warming up on stump, Groomers in great condition.
Ran chair 23 to the summit around 9:30 or so on a discovery mission, and discovered it was still firm.
Went back around 10:30 and it started getting good.
took a break around 11:30 to let it soften more.
got back at it around 12:00 and chair 23 plus right under the gondola was money.
however it started getting sticky the lower you went. Sticking to the steeps was the key to this show. And taking the salted groomer back to the lift
And yeah I saw that guy on the right also
I will be back at it tomorrowpost #178 of 5585/12/13 at 4:12pmpost #179 of 5585/12/13 at 4:14pm
- What to expect in mammoth?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Mammoth Mountain, Eastern Sierra, CA
- › October 2016 Image of the Month Contest 8 seconds ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 1 minute ago
- › First Time Buying Skis and Boots - Do It All Together? 2 minutes ago
- › Sun Peaks BC, 2016/17 Season 6 minutes ago
- › Cons and Pros. Atomic Vantage cti 90 vs Nordica Enforcer 93 9 minutes ago
- › JH vs Keystone 20 minutes ago
- › What's your ski trip rig? Lets see some pictures! 42 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 44 minutes ago
- › Where HAVE you skied? 50 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer