- 1,503 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Mammoth Mountain for 2015-2016 Last post on 8/27/16 at 6:37pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Mammoth Mid May Worth It? Last post on 4/29/16 at 6:07pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Mammoth or Squaw Valley? Last post on 3/28/16 at 3:20pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Early April Skiing with Kids? [a Family Skiing thread] Last post on 2/2/16 at 3:32pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Mammoth buys Big Bear and Snow Summit Last post on 9/29/14 at 6:28pm in Skiing News
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/17/16
- Mammoth Mountain, Eastern Sierra, CALast edited: 1/31/16
- Unofficial Guide of Bear Mountain, Big Bear Lake, CaliforniaLast edited: 3/24/16
- Snow Summit, CA Unofficial GuideLast edited: 9/6/13
- Big Bear, CA Unofficial GuideLast edited: 3/24/16
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
What to expect in mammoth? - Page 5post #121 of 5584/20/13 at 1:46pmThread StarterJust did my first. Wow. just like SS in late mar/ early apr. need to go up higher
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 5584/20/13 at 3:31pm
Prime time is between 10 and 12-12:30. I got "5th" chair this morning and skied til after 1. Pretty good day! 5 was really nice and therefore was crowded. (Relatively speaking.) Very warm today. I was overdressed. Pretty crunchy this morning but that peak time when it all softened up, it was nice! Did ski Cornice but was on demo skis that I did not feel as confident on as my Black Pearls. Skied it like a tool down it!post #123 of 5584/21/13 at 8:40amThread Starterpost #124 of 5584/21/13 at 1:42pmpost #125 of 5584/21/13 at 5:27pm
Not much crunch going on this morning as it didn't freeze overnight. Fun and fast, until Solitude off of 5 got slush piles, one of which grabbed my right ski and took me down. Grateful for no knee injury, but def pulled a groin muscle and something in my glutes. I did catch sight of a guy in a chicken costume getting on chair 2 as I came in for the day. Did anybody make it to the pond skim?post #126 of 5584/21/13 at 7:57pmThread StarterOuch. Something similar happened to me last week when my skis got caught in a pile of slush towards the bottom of Andy's D Gold. I was ok but it cut up the top sheet just inside the right foot. i have ordered and am waiting for hardman epoxy to fix the top sheet.
I saw a handful of kids in costume/playful outfit this weekend. A a couple of kids dressed in fairy costume, a guy with bare top and a portable stereo over his shoulder, a couple of girls in bikini tops, a guy in a batman suit, etc etc.post #127 of 5584/21/13 at 8:54pmpost #128 of 5584/22/13 at 10:22am
Two looks were particular striking this weekend, for me, in good and bad ways: the lean, bare-chested, darkly tan Asian dude in low-slung white ski pants and furry hat with very long ear flaps, and the body suit with the Gray's anatomy muscle chart graphic.
The first could have been a magazine shoot model, the second a walking/skiing ad for the Body Worlds plasticination exhibit. Couldn't avert my eyes in either case!post #129 of 5584/22/13 at 10:32am
My ski buds saw the first guy! I missed that one. I did see a teenaged girl wearing a tutu with what appeared to be no panties or perhaps a thong underneath. (The cheeks were bare.) And yes, she was skiing. Or at least she had ski boots on. Her parents must be so proud! I'm sure you guys on here are bummed you missed it. Me? All I saw was a cry for attention.
It was by far the most entertaining weekend of skiing ever. I think I will ski on 4/20 every year just for that reason. ;)post #130 of 5584/23/13 at 1:30pmThread Starterpost #131 of 5584/23/13 at 1:53pm
Would someone please let me know how's the snow in Mammoth right now. I am planning on going this upcoming weekend. I was there by the beginning of April and the snow was pretty good. However, I saw the closed quite a few lifts/runs during this past week.
Thank you for your help!!post #132 of 5584/23/13 at 4:54pm
Still PLENTY of snow. They typically close down the Canyon/Eagle side of things this time of year. You won't miss it because you will want to be skiing higher on the mountain anyway.post #133 of 5584/24/13 at 5:53pmThread StarterDo we have an exact date for that for this year? Does that mean gold rush and stump will go n/a also? There still was a lot of snow on canyon runs last weekend although it was getting thin in the lift base areas.
Edited by nochaser - 4/24/13 at 6:43pmpost #134 of 5584/24/13 at 6:57pm
Canyon closed last weekend, Eagle closed a few weeks ago. Mountain has set their closing date of Memorial Day. They run chair 2 (stump) for as long as possible. I love that Mammoth has you itching to ski as much as possible. It does that to me, too!post #135 of 5584/24/13 at 7:09pmThread Starterpost #136 of 5584/24/13 at 7:37pmIm gonna be in Mammoth May 9-13th as a last hoorah to send me into summer. Gonna stay at Juniper springs (even though that lift is closed I'm guessing). It's my birthday present to myself and my first time going to Mammoth.post #137 of 5584/25/13 at 6:36amQuote:
Wait, even chair 5 and 10??Quote:
Yes, Eagle is closed but your drive won't be too far ;) Have a great time.post #138 of 5584/25/13 at 6:39amThread Starterpost #139 of 5584/25/13 at 9:16ampost #140 of 5584/25/13 at 12:01pmQuote:Wait, even chair 5 and 10??
Most of the chair 5 terrain is accessible from the back of 3 or Climax, skiing out the Comeback trail to Chair 2. Once Stump Alley closes, then you have no direct lift access after skiing the chair 5 terrain. Stump is fairly likely to be maintained to Memorial Day IMHO.post #141 of 5584/25/13 at 12:08pmThread Starterpost #142 of 5584/25/13 at 1:02pmpost #143 of 5584/25/13 at 1:33pmThread Starterpost #144 of 5584/25/13 at 2:46pmThread Starterpost #145 of 5584/25/13 at 3:06pmpost #146 of 5584/25/13 at 4:06pmpost #147 of 5584/26/13 at 7:13amThread StarterSo I'm staying put this weekend due to the combination of family, work and friend commitments. Instead, I'm gonna be thinking and writing a lot about skiing and ski equipment. I may actually buy some.
For all of you who are out in mammoth this weekend, please enjoy nice spring weekend skiing and share your war stories when you can!
Edited by nochaser - 4/26/13 at 8:19ampost #148 of 5584/28/13 at 6:50pmThread Starterpost #149 of 5584/28/13 at 10:45pm
- What to expect in mammoth?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Mammoth Mountain, Eastern Sierra, CA
- › Binding Selecion 42 minutes ago
- › Sun Peaks BC, 2016/17 Season 45 minutes ago
- › Another What ski/size question, with a twist... 53 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 54 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat 54 minutes ago
- › Adjusting Head bindings for boot length 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › Why WOULDN'T you wear an Airbag when heli or cat skiing? 2 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › What Should our FEET FEEL? 2 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 2 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer
- › 68 Days: A Story of Skiing's Life...