1. Mammoth is open until the Memorial Day.
2. Yet to explore ski resorts in my area--Tahoe/Utah/CO/J Hole/Whistler--and then the rest of NA.
3. Snow condition is said to be very volatile in SA.
4. Costs arms and legs to ski in Australia. I'm sure the same goes for Austria. Plus with jet lag, you really need to spend good half a month to get your air fare's worth.
5. The overaras travel cost will include additional investment in travel gear such as sportube, etc.
For the travel money, I'm instead buying some new ski toys...Try ice honey. It's very fun and addicting too. It makes you use kind of the same muscles used for skiing.
Edited by nochaser - 5/17/13 at 10:18am