In case this helps anybody. I demoed 3 skis recently
1. Blizzard 8.0 Magnum Ca (172)
2. Head Rev 80 (170)
3. Nordica FireArrow 80 Ti (172)
51 years old 150lbs probably a level 7 skier. I prefer steep groomed on-piste runs if I can.
Spring conditions. Firm snow in morning but soft and slushy by noon
1. Blizzard: 2 runs in morning. I knew I like them right away. skis seemed to just cruise and carve right away.
2. Head: 1 run in morning after switching from Blizzard. I knew I almost hated(OK, strongly disliked) these right away. For my style(probably not the best), these skis just seemed to skid and not carve as compared to the Blizzard. I immediately switched to Nordica.
3. Nordica: Not bad. They felt good but not great. I gave them about an hour after the Heads. Nothing really too bad but just not as good as the Blizzard. Just to make sure, I switched to Blizzard again and WOW, I really do like these skis!!
1. Blizzard 8.0 Magnum Ca (172) = 9.5/10
2. Head Rev 80 (170) = 7/10
3. Nordica FireArrow 80 Ti (172) = 8.5/10