Open for the first time after the recent snow, 3 day old untracked (by lift served skiers). Lift tickets $16 online through their cloud store. half price at the window. Lifts start at 10 am.
- itemBlue Knobtagged by marznc, 3/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- 2016-17 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, MD, west PA) Last post on 3/23/17 at 3:59pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- What's your COLDEST ever ski experience? Last post on 1/29/17 at 5:41pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 2015-2016 Midwest Season...What's Coming? Last post on 9/21/16 at 8:40am in General Skiing Discussion
- 2016 EpicSki Mid-Atlantic Gathering Preliminary Planning Thread Last post on 9/18/15 at 5:26am in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Blue Knob Feb28 - March 1 Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:43pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Blue Knob this Friday 3/29
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I hope it stays cold up there through Saturday!
Just got back this evening, sorry no time to post photos, packing for Stowe. Everything was open and I skied it all. Many first tracks in very heavy snow. The chopped up crud was even more demanding but everything was getting pretty packed out and the groomers will take care of it by morning. There was still a few untracked lines in the glades when I left but pretty tracked. East Wall, Ditch, Skyline, Triple, Forever, Laurel all had good cover. Bagged third tracks on Lower Shortway but cratered on the last steeper pitch right above Shortcut. Extrovert was fairly chopped up but I managed to find some smooth on the edges but the hardpack was beginning to show on the downhill sides of the snowmaking mounds.
Plenty of groomed out there today too. Expressway, Jack Rabbit, Mambo and Stem. Lower High Hopes and Deer Run were not groomed today but my guess is they will be tomorrow.
Tomorrow and Sunday should be great. Get out there and support them with a little green. Seven Springs will survive without you and Blue Knob will appreciate your business. Oops, I just realized I forgot to ski Lower 66.
Oh, the only time I hit some rock was when I over rotated a turn on East Wall. That was late morning. All the natural trails were getting traffic but they were in good shape when I skied them. If you stay on the snowmaking you'll be fine but the natural, well get it early and keep a sharp eye.
Skied Blue Knob today. No grooming was done overnight. Conditions in the AM were crusty. But everything was open. It was fun. It was cool to see all that snow on March 30. Tried to ski extrovert, but very cut up and got trapped in some trees. It was a beautiful day today. the slopes were all still pretty well covered. Skied the Laural glades and there was good coverage. In the AM Stembogen was crusty but still nice. It was a great day to end the season!!!
- Blue Knob this Friday 3/29
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 24 minutes ago
- › The Season of Pow - China, Xinjiang Trip Report 41 minutes ago
- › Aspen end of March?? 42 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 46 minutes ago
- › Brighton/Solitude v. Sbird/Alta 54 minutes ago
- › I bought new skis and they feel soooo heavy! 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › I want to taste the Kastle Kool-Aid but... 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › 2018 Kastle skis? 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
- › March 2017 Image of the Month Contest 1 hour, 46 minutes ago
- › Is it me or the skis? 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview