EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › What will happen to this man!??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What will happen to this man!??

post #1 of 29
Thread Starter 


A former ripper! Irip's younger bro: former pro soccer player, will ski for the first time in 18 years tomorrow on 2014 gear....

How will this play out?

Last ski: 1993 Rossi 4sm @ 183cm
post #2 of 29
Thread Starter 
Will technology save him or will he eat shit?!
post #3 of 29

Its like riding a bicycle the skis wont matter

post #4 of 29

I survived over a decade break....

 

uh oh...but I did tear my ACL on the 3rd day.

 

Tell him to take it easy, but it is like riding a bicycle and easier with the new shaped skis.

post #5 of 29

I came back in 2002 after an 18 year break. On skis from 1974. It wuz easy. Really. 'Cept for my legs were on fire for a whole week after the first day. Hope he gets in shape first. For me, the new gear came later.

post #6 of 29

Yeah, I stopped skiing for about ten years, after two runs I was skiing like I was back in 2003.

post #7 of 29

He'll do fine and talk about how much easier modern skis are.  I stopped skiing in 1999 and started again in 2010 - it was like a different sport.

post #8 of 29

Ops brother was skiing on 183cm skis in 1993? How much of a ripper was he? I'm not a ripper and i was skiing on 204cm skis in 1993. My newest ski today is a 183cm Kastle MX83.

post #9 of 29
Is he taking the pillow?
post #10 of 29

Please take video. biggrin.gif

post #11 of 29

When's the last time he was off the couch?

 

Looks like pro scoccer was more than a little while ago  wink.gif

post #12 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanoT View Post

Ops brother was skiing on 183cm skis in 1993? How much of a ripper was he? I'm not a ripper and i was skiing on 204cm skis in 1993. My newest ski today is a 183cm Kastle MX83.

He was 12!
post #13 of 29
Thread Starter 


First run! I did hook him up on some yet to be released DPS skis!
post #14 of 29
Thread Starter 


Trying to provide a good image to model for him...
post #15 of 29
Thread Starter 


"Why are these skis so wide, it's hard to get to the edges?!"
post #16 of 29
Thread Starter 



Younger Bro learns the bill is on him for choosing lunch...
post #17 of 29
Thread Starter 


Running up his bill.
post #18 of 29
Thread Starter 


Post lunch rock hopping lesson!
post #19 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi Smash View Post

When's the last time he was off the couch?

 

Looks like pro scoccer was more than a little while ago  wink.gif

Soccer pro mom? biggrin.gif  No offense Trekchick wink.gif

post #20 of 29
Thread Starter 


By afternoon, we had some smooth turns!
post #21 of 29
Thread Starter 


Back working on getting a little more dynamic.
post #22 of 29
Thread Starter 
post #23 of 29
Thread Starter 
So despite almost 2 decades away from the sport, lil bro was able to shred the slopes this weekend in style. He was less prepped for the quad burn thou:
post #24 of 29
Thread Starter 
We did not however find out what happened to this man. I offered to clean his boots off in the lift line & he refused......
post #25 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post

We did not however find out what happened to this man. I offered to clean his boots off in the lift line & he refused......

What skis are those? Funky shape under the boot/binding!

post #26 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolskier View Post

What skis are those? Funky shape under the boot/binding!

Dynastar SkiCross from ~ 2004. He was just about stepping out in the lift line, yet insisted he knew how to operate his gear.
post #27 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post




Younger Bro learns the bill is on him for choosing lunch...

The Coleman Brook for lunch eh?  Nice - No pizza and hot dogs for you boys ...... 

So how's Okemo looking?  According to their report things are pretty great for March, with 117/119 trails.

Looks like a nice packed powder from your photos.  I'm hoping to be up there Friday for my last runs of this season.

post #28 of 29
Thread Starter 
]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiersLeft View Post

The Coleman Brook for lunch eh?  Nice - No pizza and hot dogs for you boys ...... 
So how's Okemo looking?  According to their report things are pretty great for March, with 117/119 trails.
Looks like a nice packed powder from your photos.  I'm hoping to be up there Friday for my last runs of this season.



That's how we roll... Coverage is great, yet climbing out of the chairs took some effort.

Nice new snow in the 1-3" range every night for the past week!
post #29 of 29
Thread Starter 
More proof that you can come home!

http://youtu.be/OVFXDbGBN0c
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › What will happen to this man!??