Hello, I will be traveling for the first time from the Northeast to SLC April 3rd thru 8th with my 17 yr old son. I ski my son boards. I usually ski Gore or White Face, thinking of Snowbird or the Canyons. Any advice would be appreciated.
Related Forum Threads
- Little Cottonwood Canyon, late Mar, early Apr 2016 Last post on 4/16/16 at 10:31am in Trip Reports
- Where to ski in WARM Utah? Last post on 3/21/16 at 10:51am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Alta and Snowbird Parking Recommendations Last post on 4/20/15 at 7:45pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Utah Spring 2014 April 2nd - 15th [trip report with video] Last post on 9/9/14 at 1:17pm in Trip Reports
- Alta Spring goodness [April, plus Snowbird into May] Last post on 9/15/14 at 1:05pm in Trip Reports
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: Today
- Alta - An Unofficial GuideLast edited: 10/23/13
- Snowbird Unofficial GuideLast edited: 11/7/15
- Spring Snow Base PreparationLast edited: 4/24/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Where to ski first week of April in SLC.post #1 of 103/20/13 at 9:01pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 103/20/13 at 9:30pm
Welcome to EpicSki! Check out this related thread. Of course, for your son Alta is not an option.
Several Bears will be around Alta/Snowbird the same time that you'll be in SLC. Where are you staying?
I learned to ski at Whiteface long ago. Hoping to get back next winter.post #3 of 103/20/13 at 9:31pmpost #4 of 103/21/13 at 3:10pmThread Starterpost #5 of 103/21/13 at 8:46pm
If you have a season pass with a picture on it, Alta day tickets are $55/day starting April 1. Alta has a major free Demo Day on April 6. Several Bears will be there, including me.post #6 of 103/22/13 at 1:25ampost #7 of 103/22/13 at 7:45pmThread Starterpost #8 of 103/22/13 at 8:14pmQuote:
Or have him do snowboard lessons at Snowbird ?post #9 of 103/22/13 at 8:50pmQuote:
There are ski and stay packages at snowbird, definitely you should review their lodging site and the details to take advantage of that and get included lift tickets for your whole trip.
They will allow you to add on the Alta access for the $33 upcharge (do it at snowbird base the morning you want to go).
Also, please do a self-check that both you and your son are advanced in skill; otherwise you may have a better match at another another resort
- Where to ski first week of April in SLC.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Alta - An Unofficial Guide
- › Bomberskiclinic stowe / Alta lodge powder tracks 5 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 6 minutes ago
- › Steelers Baby! 8 minutes ago
- › Dreamin' about ski season 9 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 13 minutes ago
- › All mountain twin tip plus park ski? 32 minutes ago
- › 5-year plans for Alta and Snowbasin 34 minutes ago
- › Cons and Pros. Atomic Vantage cti 90 vs Nordica Enforcer 93 39 minutes ago
- › North American snow watch 2016- snow reports needed! 59 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer