Hello, I will be traveling for the first time from the Northeast to SLC April 3rd thru 8th with my 17 yr old son. I ski my son boards. I usually ski Gore or White Face, thinking of Snowbird or the Canyons. Any advice would be appreciated.
Related Forum Threads
- Upcoming Wasatch Trip - Mar 30 - Apr 4 Last post on 3/23/17 at 6:05pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Park City/Deer Valley Late March/Early April - Good conditions? Last post on 1/24/17 at 2:11am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Little Cottonwood Canyon, late Mar, early Apr 2016 Last post on 4/16/16 at 10:31am in Trip Reports
- Where to ski in WARM Utah? Last post on 3/21/16 at 10:51am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Alta and Snowbird Parking Recommendations Last post on 4/20/15 at 7:45pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Alta - An Unofficial GuideLast edited: 10/23/13
- Snowbird Unofficial GuideLast edited: 11/7/15
- Spring Snow Base PreparationLast edited: 4/24/11
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
Where to ski first week of April in SLC.post #1 of 103/20/13 at 9:01pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 103/20/13 at 9:30pm
Welcome to EpicSki! Check out this related thread. Of course, for your son Alta is not an option.
Several Bears will be around Alta/Snowbird the same time that you'll be in SLC. Where are you staying?
I learned to ski at Whiteface long ago. Hoping to get back next winter.post #3 of 103/20/13 at 9:31pmpost #4 of 103/21/13 at 3:10pmThread Starterpost #5 of 103/21/13 at 8:46pm
If you have a season pass with a picture on it, Alta day tickets are $55/day starting April 1. Alta has a major free Demo Day on April 6. Several Bears will be there, including me.post #6 of 103/22/13 at 1:25ampost #7 of 103/22/13 at 7:45pmThread Starterpost #8 of 103/22/13 at 8:14pmQuote:
Or have him do snowboard lessons at Snowbird ?post #9 of 103/22/13 at 8:50pmQuote:
There are ski and stay packages at snowbird, definitely you should review their lodging site and the details to take advantage of that and get included lift tickets for your whole trip.
They will allow you to add on the Alta access for the $33 upcharge (do it at snowbird base the morning you want to go).
Also, please do a self-check that both you and your son are advanced in skill; otherwise you may have a better match at another another resort
- Where to ski first week of April in SLC.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Alta - An Unofficial Guide
- › Tips for keeping your tips up? 5 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat 6 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 9 minutes ago
- › 105-110 powder ski that can handle ice 35 minutes ago
- › First Chair Introductions - Where? How often? Solo or with others? 52 minutes ago
- › FS: Brand New Sweet Protection Trooper MIPS Helmet. Size L/XL 59 minutes ago
- › My 2nd annual Banff trip: March 9 – 11, 2017 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Post Your Ski Videos Here! 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › Spring vacation trip ideas, for a family with beginners,... 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › Waxing tips and removing rust from leaving in roof box too wet? 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › Okemo Mountain by TRobertson
- › Big Sky by oldgoat
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview