I need help finding my first skis (which i guess will be my one ski quiver for now)
Facts about me:
- Ski mostly Squaw/Alpine and Whistler/Blackcomb, and occasional trips to Mammoth, SLC, CO, Jackson Hole, and the Alps.
- Intermediate skier looking to advance (i.e. comfortable linking turns and staying in control on groomed part of Granite Chief, for those who know Squaw)- Likes to venture out to ungroomed, trees, small bumps (still learning to handle bigger bumps) and likes to play in the terrain park (comes from my snowboarding background, but not too much air on skis yet)
- Not a racer nor super aggressive, but likes to keep up with friends on blues or flat terrain
- Though not super aggressive, but also not timid at all on steep slopes (again having been desensitized from snowboarding on much steeper stuff)
I've demo'ed all season and here's what I'm thinking:
- the most important thing for me is that i don't want to outgrow my skis in one season
- length: 160cm - 168cm
- waist width: 80 - 90cm
- Atomic (affinity, cloud) and Salomon (origins, rockette): like the feel of these two brands the best. would like to demo the Elysian next although the waist width is wider than what i'm leaning towards.
- K2: tried superfree, superific, and bright side, and all feel a bit too squishy for me
- Rossignol: tried temptation 82 and 88. i really tried to like them, but just did not like them at all for some reasons.
What's the take on Atomic Elysian? Which other skis do you recommend testing out?