I know this question has been posted many times before, but I have reached an impasse in my research into which All Mountain Ski is best for me. I am aware that a lot of what goes into the ski being good for you is simply how you feel on the ski, but I simply do not have time to demo the enormous amount of skis out there that have been recommended to me.
Things to know:
- I am quite small; 5'7" & 130 pounds
- I ski mainly in Oregon (Mt. Hood Meadows), however I do often visit Idaho (Mainly Brundage and Tamarack), Mt. Bachelor (also in OR, except with much better snow conditions), and on rare occasion I take a few runs a year in Utah.
- I was a long time snowboarder, I transitioned to Skiing this winter, and I LOVE IT. By my third full day skiing I was taking on blacks with relative ease. I am in no sense an "expert" but i am progressing skill wise quite quickly.
- I would like to pay under 450 W/O bindings. If you are ride or die for a ski thats over 450, please do recommend it anyways.
- I would prefer a ski from 2012 or 2013
- I spend a lot of my time in the trees off the sides of runs, I love to get air off of about anything I can, I do spend some time in the park, but also I love tearing up groomers.
Any input or response would be quite helpful, at this point the myriad of options have me frozen. Thanks in advance!
Edited by Ryansthabomb - 3/9/13 at 8:54pm