- 13 Posts. Joined 12/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . Last post on Today at 5:40 am in General Skiing Discussion
- Advice on a New Hampshire Ski trip... Last post on 3/2/11 at 6:26am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- East Coast Suggestions Last post on 11/4/13 at 7:19pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Ski Discounts 2013/2014 Season - EAST [Northeast lift tickets] Last post on 12/15/13 at 3:04pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- North East Mid or Late week 1 night getaway Where to Go Last post on 3/10/13 at 5:16am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
There's Something About Skiing New Hampshire
Last edited: 5/28/13
- A Brief History of Alpine SkiingLast edited: 2/13/17
- EpicSki Interview with James NiehuesLast edited: 9/14/16
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/24/16
- Cannon Mountain, NH Unofficial GuideLast edited: 9/6/13
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Conditions in lower NH mid march?post #1 of 73/3/13 at 2:27pmThread StarterHELP!!! I'm trying to plan my only real ski trip this year. Problem is - work seems to get in the way... I want to go up to NH either next weekend or the following weekend (the 16th) to ski at gunstock (near my mom's house so it's super convenient) and cannon (plus maybe loon). I rather wait until the 16th because I can get 4 days in compared to 3 days this coming weekend (the 9th). But I'm worried the conditions will degrade significantly with a week of 40 degree days predicted. I'm not looking for a crystal ball - but if anyone can provide some perspective on what the conditions might be like for those two weekends I would really appreciate it! -Monti
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 73/5/13 at 5:33amThread Starterpost #3 of 73/5/13 at 7:33am
It depends on the weather reports. The conditions are currently fantastic. Cannon is skiing awesome right now and 100% open. This weekend should be great. Tramline and Mitty are open and skiing decent. Look at the long term forecast and see if there are warm ups coming.post #4 of 73/5/13 at 7:59am
I was at Gunstock this past weekend, everything open, plenty of snow. They have also been getting a nice dusting to inch each night the last couple of days. Forecast shows it shouldn't go over 40 at least through Saturday of this weekend. I think we will be into spring conditions soon (hard in the morning, soft by early afternoon) but you won't be worrying about bare spots or anything like that yet.post #5 of 73/6/13 at 7:21amThread Starterpost #6 of 73/8/13 at 5:20ampost #7 of 73/13/13 at 5:21pmwas at waterville thursday. in great shape. buddies at cannon and ragged both reported really good on saturday. warm this week but 50 inch bases will take a couple of weeks to burn off and cold coming in tonight. should be solid anywhere north of concord this weekend. enjoy.
- Conditions in lower NH mid march?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- A Brief History of Alpine Skiing
- › Best name for a run... 17 minutes ago
- › MA this intermediate(ish) senior skier 20 minutes ago
- › I Can't ski powder? 21 minutes ago
- › How much wax does everyone use? 28 minutes ago
- › Inside leg issue and other concerns. 34 minutes ago
- › How Long Do Skis Last? 36 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat 39 minutes ago
- › Rossignol SOUL 7's edge damage not warranteed 43 minutes ago
- › Anyone still ski and love vintage equipment? 48 minutes ago
- › Waxing tips and removing rust from leaving in roof box too wet? 50 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview