- 13 Posts. Joined 12/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on a New Hampshire Ski trip... Last post on 3/2/11 at 6:26am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- East Coast Suggestions Last post on 11/4/13 at 7:19pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Ski Discounts 2013/2014 Season - EAST [Northeast lift tickets] Last post on 12/15/13 at 3:04pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- North East Mid or Late week 1 night getaway Where to Go Last post on 3/10/13 at 5:16am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Over 65 skiing for free on weekdays at Cannon may end Last post on 6/10/16 at 5:49pm in General Skiing Discussion
There's Something About Skiing New Hampshire
Last edited: 5/28/13
- EpicSki Interview with James NiehuesLast edited: 9/14/16
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/17/16
- Cannon Mountain, NH Unofficial GuideLast edited: 9/6/13
- In Praise of the Anti-ResortsLast edited: 5/28/13
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Conditions in lower NH mid march?post #1 of 73/3/13 at 2:27pmThread StarterHELP!!! I'm trying to plan my only real ski trip this year. Problem is - work seems to get in the way... I want to go up to NH either next weekend or the following weekend (the 16th) to ski at gunstock (near my mom's house so it's super convenient) and cannon (plus maybe loon). I rather wait until the 16th because I can get 4 days in compared to 3 days this coming weekend (the 9th). But I'm worried the conditions will degrade significantly with a week of 40 degree days predicted. I'm not looking for a crystal ball - but if anyone can provide some perspective on what the conditions might be like for those two weekends I would really appreciate it! -Monti
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 73/5/13 at 5:33amThread Starterpost #3 of 73/5/13 at 7:33am
It depends on the weather reports. The conditions are currently fantastic. Cannon is skiing awesome right now and 100% open. This weekend should be great. Tramline and Mitty are open and skiing decent. Look at the long term forecast and see if there are warm ups coming.post #4 of 73/5/13 at 7:59am
I was at Gunstock this past weekend, everything open, plenty of snow. They have also been getting a nice dusting to inch each night the last couple of days. Forecast shows it shouldn't go over 40 at least through Saturday of this weekend. I think we will be into spring conditions soon (hard in the morning, soft by early afternoon) but you won't be worrying about bare spots or anything like that yet.post #5 of 73/6/13 at 7:21amThread Starterpost #6 of 73/8/13 at 5:20ampost #7 of 73/13/13 at 5:21pmwas at waterville thursday. in great shape. buddies at cannon and ragged both reported really good on saturday. warm this week but 50 inch bases will take a couple of weeks to burn off and cold coming in tonight. should be solid anywhere north of concord this weekend. enjoy.
- Conditions in lower NH mid march?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 24 seconds ago
- › Mt. Bachelor buiding new chairlift will open many more acres. 2 minutes ago
- › New Instructional Video: JF Beaulieu, Andreas Spittle & Nadine... 3 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 5 minutes ago
- › Boutique Vs Big Brands: Which do you prefer? 12 minutes ago
- › Another What ski/size question, with a twist... 14 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 18 minutes ago
- › Mountain Collective 2016/17 [14 destinations, including Whistler,... 21 minutes ago
- › NOAA Winter Outlook issued 28 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 31 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer