- 3 Posts. Joined 2/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- itemVail Resorttagged by marznc, 2/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Spring Skiing in ColoRADo! March 17 - 19 Last post on 3/23/17 at 8:00am in Trip Reports
- Conditions + resort advice - Late March 2017 Last post on 3/13/17 at 5:12pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Beautiful Day @ Vail with Mr and Mrs SkiMangoJazz, 3/2/17 Last post on 3/2/17 at 8:21pm in Trip Reports
- Vail Bluebird Day Last post on 3/1/17 at 9:57pm in Trip Reports
- 2017 Geezer Snowbirds Tour Last post on 3/14/17 at 6:22pm in Trip Reports
EpicSki Interview with Patrick Torsell of Ski Cooper: Part 2
Last edited: 1/20/17
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/24/16
- The Future of Jay Peak and Burke Mountain ResortLast edited: 6/15/16
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Deer Valley Helppost #1 of 52/25/13 at 7:50pmThread StarterTrail names for easier blues (if cant remember trails, how about the lift u took) thanks!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 52/26/13 at 10:22am
Wasatch lift . Nabob, Keno, Legal Tender. Seem to remember they have nice on-mountain guides for questions and advice. And of course, the joke about DV is that it's so glam that even the on-hill ambassadors will even offer to fall for you . !! But honestly at DV, all the blues are pretty tame, very nice cruisers. Took the better 1/2 there for first time skiing in Rockies and she did great. I then selfishly "graduated" her to Jackson Hole for next trip where she also did great after her DV warm up.
Turkey chili for lunch on hill is a MUST .post #3 of 52/26/13 at 11:43am
The easiest blues are primarily on Flagstaff Mountain. Basically anything with a single blue square designation is going to be fine. There are also some easier blues on the lower (Bald Eagle Mountain). Please pay attention to the single blue/double blue distinction as a number of the double blues are relatively steep.post #4 of 52/26/13 at 1:08pmpost #5 of 52/26/13 at 6:13pmThread StarterThanks all! I didn't see your responses until today (after the fact). One of the "ski ambassadors" did not offer to fall for me, but did point me to the blues off Northside Express. Hawkeye and Lost Boulder were great. I thought the runs off Carpenter were too icy and since they were narrow too many people going thru at hi speed (I am an intermediate skier, learned late and have not been skiing in 8 years). Success, a green trail was pretty difficult for me yesterday and I kind of freaked out. think I remember Beaver Creek to be a little more my speed, but maybe I just forgot. I got my groove back today. Thanks so much. You'd think 3 of my friends who were just here would be helpful (ummm, that would be a No). I definitely am glad I am not a beginner here.
- Deer Valley Help
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Nordica Enforcer 93 questions 3 minutes ago
- › Can older ski instructors pass the highest levels of certification? 8 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 8 minutes ago
- › How is it that every fresh snow fall is greeted as "A POWDER DAY"? 11 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 13 minutes ago
- › The Season of Pow - China, Xinjiang Trip Report 13 minutes ago
- › Are you man enough? K2 VO Slaloms 15 minutes ago
- › Wear the Helmet! 24 minutes ago
- › Inside leg issue and other concerns. 30 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 35 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview