Today started off with light snow and winds appx 15-20. Started off down homerun and claim jumper to warm the legs up, Spent about 4 runs off Kingcon lift after that. Then headed to Thaynes and hit a couple blacks before heading to lunch.. After lunch conditions were blizzard like, made it up the crescent lift only for it to be shut down for wind a few minutes later, at the top had to be 45-50mph, i couldnt even get off the lift a few times as the wind pushed u so hard the chair was actually pushing u off the ramps. At one point it literally took me 20min to ski down a connecting green trail called 3/4 load, i could not see 5 feet left or right or in front of me had no idea where the trail was going or what danger lurked ahead. Headed eventually back down to silverload and motherlode lifts and glad i did , snow was now over 6 inches, boot deep in some places, froze my azz off , wind was horrible but great to ski some powder today.
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemPark City Mountain Resorttagged by marznc, 2/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- The "Park City Effect": UT Records Best Skier Visits Last post on 7/27/16 at 8:19pm in Skiing News
- Park City late Jan 2016 Last post on 1/29/16 at 7:13pm in Trip Reports
- Park City & Canyons are shaping up with recent storms! :) Last post on 1/9/16 at 9:42am in Trip Reports
- PCMR Best lift there to lap for experts? Last post on 2/16/16 at 3:46pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Park city travel timing advice Last post on 9/20/15 at 1:25pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
Last edited: 9/14/16
- Park City, UT - A PictorialLast edited: 9/20/15
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
- Park City, UT - A Pictorial
Park city mountain resort
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Nice they got snow. PC is supposed to get another 4" tonight and another inch in the AM with the winds dying down.
Somebody up there likes you as the next 9 days will be great skiing.
Here's the link to NOAA weather. Typically the mountain gets more snow than forecast.
I am a Brit over for 10 days in Utah. First day skied PC yesterday which badly needed snow. DV today, near whiteout conditions at times up top with difficult visibility, but man did we have a great day with all that powder falling!! Spoilt for choice now tomorrow.....woop, woop!!!!
Ya after 1pm it was great powder but lots of lifts on wind holds but powder everywhere, people just disappeared and didnt wanna deal with the conditions i had the trails to myself in the afternoon
- Park city mountain resort
- › Spring vacation trip ideas, for a family with beginners,... 26 seconds ago
- › WTB 184 4frnt Devastator 1 minute ago
- › Alberta/Eastern BC - 2016/17 9 minutes ago
- › Telluride Advice 11 minutes ago
- › My 2nd annual Banff trip: March 9 – 11, 2017 18 minutes ago
- › Free Get Lean challenge 25 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 29 minutes ago
- › I bought new skis and they feel soooo heavy! 49 minutes ago
- › Review: 2015 Volkl BMT 94 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Assistance with April 8 to 13th Trip to Anywhere... 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview