Today started off with light snow and winds appx 15-20. Started off down homerun and claim jumper to warm the legs up, Spent about 4 runs off Kingcon lift after that. Then headed to Thaynes and hit a couple blacks before heading to lunch.. After lunch conditions were blizzard like, made it up the crescent lift only for it to be shut down for wind a few minutes later, at the top had to be 45-50mph, i couldnt even get off the lift a few times as the wind pushed u so hard the chair was actually pushing u off the ramps. At one point it literally took me 20min to ski down a connecting green trail called 3/4 load, i could not see 5 feet left or right or in front of me had no idea where the trail was going or what danger lurked ahead. Headed eventually back down to silverload and motherlode lifts and glad i did , snow was now over 6 inches, boot deep in some places, froze my azz off , wind was horrible but great to ski some powder today.
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemPark City Mountain Resorttagged by marznc, 2/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- The "Park City Effect": UT Records Best Skier Visits Last post on 7/27/16 at 8:19pm in Skiing News
- Park City late Jan 2016 Last post on 1/29/16 at 7:13pm in Trip Reports
- Park City & Canyons are shaping up with recent storms! :) Last post on 1/9/16 at 9:42am in Trip Reports
- PCMR Best lift there to lap for experts? Last post on 2/16/16 at 3:46pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Park city travel timing advice Last post on 9/20/15 at 1:25pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
Last edited: 9/14/16
- Park City, UT - A PictorialLast edited: 9/20/15
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
- Park City, UT - A Pictorial
Park city mountain resort
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Nice they got snow. PC is supposed to get another 4" tonight and another inch in the AM with the winds dying down.
Somebody up there likes you as the next 9 days will be great skiing.
Here's the link to NOAA weather. Typically the mountain gets more snow than forecast.
I am a Brit over for 10 days in Utah. First day skied PC yesterday which badly needed snow. DV today, near whiteout conditions at times up top with difficult visibility, but man did we have a great day with all that powder falling!! Spoilt for choice now tomorrow.....woop, woop!!!!
Ya after 1pm it was great powder but lots of lifts on wind holds but powder everywhere, people just disappeared and didnt wanna deal with the conditions i had the trails to myself in the afternoon
- Park city mountain resort
- › 5-year plans for Alta and Snowbasin 17 minutes ago
- › Atomic XT discussion (video) 29 minutes ago
- › New brand. Stellar equipment 58 minutes ago
- › New Instructional Video: JF Beaulieu, Andreas Spettel & Nadine... 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Travel Agent t that specializes in Europe 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › Recommendation allmountain skis [to replace Armada TST] 2 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 3 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › Demo bindings 3 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › Telluride March 11-18 2017 3 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer