EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Mountain/Resort Related Forums › Resorts, Conditions & Travel › Demo ski rental recommendations for Whitefish?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Demo ski rental recommendations for Whitefish?

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 

Anybody have a recommendation for a good place at or near WMR to rent demo skis?   We'll be there March 23-28, and one member of the party is interested in exploring the range of wider twin-tips (he said "all mountain twin").  Looking online, there are several shops both on the mountain and in Whitefish that could do this.   Any places he should particularly seek out (or avoid)?  Something on the mountain would probably be more convenient to swap skis, but there's always the snow bus.

 

From what I know, he's looking for something wider, softer, more "playful" to add to his current RTM 80.   6 ft., 160 (?), long-time but recently low-mileage skier.

 

Thanks!

post #2 of 6
I always demo on the mountain so I can swap a lot in and out easily. However, there is a lot they don't carry and at any given moment the model or size you are looking for may already be out. Best to make a list of what interests you and contact the mountain, Sportsman, and The White Room and see who carries what.
post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibhusky View Post

I always demo on the mountain so I can swap a lot in and out easily. However, there is a lot they don't carry and at any given moment the model or size you are looking for may already be out. Best to make a list of what interests you and contact the mountain, Sportsman, and The White Room and see who carries what.


Thanks for the pointers!  I will pass them along.

post #4 of 6

For what your friend is looking for i would try Tamarack, they sell mostly what he is interested in demoing. They have Atomic, Moment and Rossi. Also, they have a SNOW bus stop.

post #5 of 6
Snow Bus also stops at the Mountain Mall, which is where Sportsman is.
post #6 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiingblind View Post

For what your friend is looking for i would try Tamarack, they sell mostly what he is interested in demoing. They have Atomic, Moment and Rossi. Also, they have a SNOW bus stop.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibhusky View Post

Snow Bus also stops at the Mountain Mall, which is where Sportsman is.


Thanks to both of you for the information.  It's very much appreciated.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Resorts, Conditions & Travel
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Mountain/Resort Related Forums › Resorts, Conditions & Travel › Demo ski rental recommendations for Whitefish?