I broke two metacarpal bones on my left hand last saturday while skiing. I went to the ER, got an Xray, got a temp. cast, and the ER doctor say she will get me to see a specialist in 3-5 days.
However, when I called in about my appointment time today, I was told I have to wait until 25th.
Is this a reasonable and safe time to wait? I don't want my bone to fuse without proper treatment and lose hand function because I rely my hand a lot and play musical intrusment. The ER didnt do anything to reset my bone except to put a cast on.