Leaving Tue for Red Mt. and two days of cat skiing at Big Red Cats. Anyone going to be there? skiing, Beers etc. ? Tentatively thinking of leaving early Tue AM and skiing Red Tue and then BRC's Wed and Thur and then ...................Red or whitewater. Not a lot of fresh snow so really probably won't make decision until last minute and check conditions.
Anyone at Red Mt BC ?
Thanks Dano hope we get 6 inches. Checking the weather it is supposed to snow/lightly Tue and Wed AM maybe lightly will be 6, cold enough at night and in the day so might be decent. Hoping.
Talked to Paula at BRC and she said it will be ok, long range forecast according to her say chance of powder end of FEB. I am diaappointed but have rescheduled this so many times thinking I better just go. Will change my MO in the future however, standbye when theres snow is looking like the best way to go for me since I am pretty close. Think in future years, when the snow is falling just go ski
Whitewater and Red and call in to the 3 close cat operations and go for standbye. Really a potluck on the powder setting it up in advance.
I got shut out by the weather on my trip. A big thaw freeze the day I arrived. Skied a sloppy day at Whitewater, followed by a rock hard day at Red Mt. Rain checked the first day of cat skiing and waited to see if the impending system was going to bring enough moisture. After it was clear that our second day wasn't going to be any good either, we opted to just rain check all 3 days since we were already committed to coming back anyway. Of course that meant 7" of snow fell overnight before what would have been our third day. :) I'll consider that my karmic gift to Big Red Cats. I did manage to get in a nice day of XC skiing, though. Ah well, such is the risk you take.