or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Ted Ligety - World Champion !
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ted Ligety - World Champion ! - Page 2

post #31 of 42

How about the fact Killy weighed 168 lbs. when he won the gold medal in the downhill.

post #32 of 42

Killy in the conversation for greatest skier ever. Ligety not. So not even close. If Ligety could ever apply the overall talent he showed over the last week to an entire season he'd be in another category, but as yet in his career he's only been able to do that in GS. He's a fun skier to watch, can bring it on the big occasion and he's obviously best in the world at GS, but I think he's underachieving. 

post #33 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by prickly View Post

Killy in the conversation for greatest skier ever. Ligety not. So not even close. If Ligety could ever apply the overall talent he showed over the last week to an entire season he'd be in another category, but as yet in his career he's only been able to do that in GS. He's a fun skier to watch, can bring it on the big occasion and he's obviously best in the world at GS, but I think he's underachieving. 

True, but I don't think anyone has claimed that, so.....  whatever. Ligety isn't as good as a lot of racers who have come between Killy and now, either. But this was a superb, rare accomplishment. Good for him.

post #34 of 42

Awesome, sure. If he'd just apply himself...


Geez, I sound like a parent, don't I.

post #35 of 42

Well, Ligety now does Top-10 DH, meaning he should be in contention for the the overall:

 

Results

Rank
Bib
Name
Tot. Time
1 28
SUI
KUENG Patrick
1:21.73
2 45
AUT
STRIEDINGER Otmar
1:21.97
3 16
AUT
REICHELT Hannes
1:22.11
3 5
ITA
FILL Peter
1:22.11
5 18
USA
LIGETY Ted
1:22.21
       
 
 
post #36 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by quant2325 View Post
 

Well, Ligety now does Top-10 DH, meaning he should be in contention for the the overall:

 

Results

Rank
Bib
Name
Tot. Time
1 28
SUI
KUENG Patrick
1:21.73
2 45
AUT
STRIEDINGER Otmar
1:21.97
3 16
AUT
REICHELT Hannes
1:22.11
3 5
ITA
FILL Peter
1:22.11
5 18
USA
LIGETY Ted
1:22.21
       
 
 


Super-G, but still some great WC points.  Looking forward to the GS tomorrow.

post #37 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ster View Post
 


Super-G, but still some great WC points.  Looking forward to the GS tomorrow.

Well, you got the results.  First is almost a given, but second was the big surprise.  I liked how they swapped the white skis for the black ones at the end of the race. I guess HEAD is going to switch from white to black tops again.

 

 


Edited by quant2325 - 12/8/13 at 3:26pm
post #38 of 42

That was the best thing I have seen in a long time :D .

post #39 of 42
Thread Starter 

That was a great skiing consistently seen in a long time.

The sign of a great champion and athlete - when behind, believe in your ability and skill and give your best. Results will follow.

Under pressure ("home" crowd, four consecutive wins) and still be able to come on top is a true sign of a champion.

post #40 of 42

He is currently 12th in the Overall standings:  http://www.fis-ski.com/alpine-skiing/leader-board/

 

There are only 18 points separating 7th to 12th. Hirscher and and Jansrud have 2-2.5 times his points. He's not in contention at this time.

post #41 of 42
Thread Starter 

Thanks for pointing that out.

 

Ted Ligety came through when it counts.

 

And no history will say 'he is currently 12th or so".

 

It says : Ted Ligety  - GS  World Champion 2015

post #42 of 42
This video shows the way Ted turns that is different than other skiers, This turn is what makes him so fast in GS.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Ted Ligety - World Champion !