That's cause the Chairman was at the boot pro. That's about as far as I'll go on that one. Last year the Mt. had 20 pairs for tryouts. I guess that's over.
Related Forum Threads
- I'm the person with the first ACL tear on a Knee Binding Last post on 3/15/13 at 1:58am in Ski Gear Discussion
- KneeBinding - 2012 Discussion Forum Last post on 7/11/13 at 3:21am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Knee Bindings, 2011-2012, User Reviews Last post on 10/6/12 at 10:01am in Member Gear Reviews
- KneeBinding - 2011-2012 Last post on 9/11/11 at 6:26pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Kneebinding Update Last post on 12/24/13 at 5:30am in Ski Gear Discussion
ACL Injuries and Downhill Skiing: How to Prevent Them and Still be...
Last edited: 11/16/15
- ACL Injury For SkiersLast edited: 1/7/13
Flumserberg is a nice day trip ski resort about an hour train ride from Zurich (or drive). I skied here as a midweek season pass holder for a couple of seasons. Midweek it has small lift lines,...
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
- ACL Injury For Skiers
knee bindings - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've posted this before, but I will post it again.
I toasted my ACL on a pair of 194 Faction Thirteens with Salomon s916s and Atomic M110s. The bindings were set at 13. Forward pressure and wings and toe height were all set properly. But in an attempt to gain more volume in my boots, I was skiing without footbeds that day. Which gave a strange floaty feeling in the boots. That caused the crash in which I hyper-extended my knee and tore my ACL.
Sure, if the bindings were set lower, I probably would have come out of them. But they didn't cause the crash.
I still ski 916s. Several pairs of them. But know I ski them at 11/12 and have not had an issue, even in some pretty horrific crashes.
And did he tell you if he LIKED his wife or not?
- knee bindings
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Car Camping - Drying Gear (without power outlets) 2 minutes ago
- › 2016: 1, 2, or 3 ski quiver? 10 minutes ago
- › The Barriers To Good Skiing 35 minutes ago
- › Keystone Lesson Suggestions for Shy 6 year old (first timer) daughter 46 minutes ago
- › Intermediate Zone planning thread. 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › best ski helmet for kids 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › if you were to have just one pair of skis...which ones and why? 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Resource list discussion thread 1 - books. 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › 2016 Super 7's 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Flumserberg by willyofoz
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › 2017 K2 iKonic 85 Ti Review
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues