- 9 Posts. Joined 4/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- 9 Canadian Ski Resorts in 2016 Jan-March- Website Last post on 10/7/16 at 8:30am in Trip Reports
- Whistler Heli vs Powder Mountain vs Coast Range Heli Last post on 1/11/13 at 8:09am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Decision '17: Whistler or Alta/Bird? Last post on Yesterday at 5:10 pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Planning a Heli-Skiing trip to BC Last post on 10/21/16 at 9:07am in General Skiing Discussion
- Kastle ski demo in Whistler Last post on 9/5/16 at 12:27pm in Ski Gear Discussion
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: Today
- Stellar Heli SkiingLast edited: 12/1/15
- Summer Skiing: It Doesn't Have to EndLast edited: 5/17/12
- Alaska Heli Skiing Trip ReportLast edited: 4/26/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Heli skiing Whistlerpost #1 of 112/3/13 at 10:46amThread StarterI am in Whistler with my boys aged 13 and 16. All of us are good skiers but 13 year old has less experience of off-piste. We would like to go heli skiing for one day. There seems to be Whistler Heli Ski or Coast Range? Any views on either of them and do we need to book before going. Our trip is 22.3 - 30.3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 112/4/13 at 5:37pmpost #3 of 112/7/13 at 12:42pm
Wrong forum but:
1) Whistler Heli for sure if you are not experienced powder skiers. Give them an honest assessment of your ability and they will take you to nice mellow glaciers (25-30 degree slope, no obstacles). Coast Range can do the same, but caters to more experienced riders and you do not want to hold up a group of stronger skiers.
2) Probably want to book in advance if possible, but might not be necessary for that week as late March is not as busy as Jan/Feb in Whistler.
Have fun.post #4 of 112/7/13 at 10:12pm
What a coincidence! I am in Whistler right now and earlier today I did a Coast Range Heli day (my 1st!). It was a fantastic experience, but as mentioned they do cater to smaller advanced groups. The best thig to do is to talk to each outfit and see what they have to say. I am sure if you are honest about the experience levels of everyone you will be fine with either operation.
Rick Gpost #5 of 112/10/13 at 12:54pmThread Starterpost #6 of 112/17/13 at 10:10amThread Starterpost #7 of 112/19/13 at 12:57pmpost #8 of 112/24/13 at 2:38amThread Starterpost #9 of 112/25/13 at 8:07am
Hi Sue, my husband and I are heading to Whistler for our second time this year from the 23 to the 30th. We don't plan on heli skiing this time out, but if you wanted to meet up while there we could get to gether for some turns. We'll be staying at the Holiday Inn suites in Whistler Village near the BlackComb Gondola lift. We love Whistler, and I'm sure you'll have a blast. I also love Heli skiing but it's not in this years budget. Both Heli Ski outfits are going to be professional and make sure you have a great day, so phoning and discussing it with them and how they fit your likes and skiing would be the way I go.post #10 of 114/6/13 at 6:41amThread StarterWe have just returned from Whistler and in the end went heli skiing with Whistler Heli ski. The day was brilliant and the guide excellent. We chose them because it caters for advanced skiers and I was concerned whether our 13 year old son would cope in an experienced advanced group. There was no need to worry, the three of us were amongst the strongest skiers. There were some aspects you all may want to think about and worth discussing with each company. We stayed on the same mountain all day and as a glacier it was not steep. I had expected to go to more than one mountain but it may have been retsricted due to avalanche risk. We were in a group of mixed ability of intermediate and advanced skiers. This meant that the terrains had to suit all skiers and restricted where we skied. It did not affect our day as it was still great fun but this may not suit everybody. I should have asked but it did not occurs to me that groups would be mixed. We also had a days training with Wendy Brookbank from Extremely Canadian. One of the best instructors we have skied with and she was excellent with both the boys and really improved their skiing. She was also great fun. Hope that helps all of you and we will ask more questions next time we go
- Heli skiing Whistler
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Stellar Heli Skiing
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 44 seconds ago
- › How many sizes of skis will my child go through? 14 minutes ago
- › Cons and Pros. Atomic Vantage cti 90 vs Nordica Enforcer 93 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › FS: Jackets, Hats, Gloves, & Mittens 1 hour, 42 minutes ago
- › how to adjust Marker Titanium SC bindings? 1 hour, 57 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 1 hour, 58 minutes ago
- › Silver Mountain, Idaho has a new owner 2 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Where to ski to see majestic mountains out West (for intermediate... 2 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 3 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Quick Bonafide size question? 3 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer