- 9 Posts. Joined 4/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- 9 Canadian Ski Resorts in 2016 Jan-March- Website Last post on 12/19/16 at 9:26am in Trip Reports
- Whistler Heli vs Powder Mountain vs Coast Range Heli Last post on 1/11/13 at 8:09am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Spring vacation trip ideas, for a family with beginners, intermediates, and advanced skiers Last post on Yesterday at 8:32 pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- The 2017 Gathering at Whistler-Blackcomb - An intermediate report Last post on 3/16/17 at 7:33am in Trip Reports
- Epic Pass 2017/2018 is out! Last post on 3/19/17 at 9:38pm in Skiing News
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Stellar Heli SkiingLast edited: 12/1/15
- Summer Skiing: It Doesn't Have to EndLast edited: 5/17/12
- Alaska Heli Skiing Trip ReportLast edited: 4/26/11
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
Heli skiing Whistlerpost #1 of 112/3/13 at 10:46amThread StarterI am in Whistler with my boys aged 13 and 16. All of us are good skiers but 13 year old has less experience of off-piste. We would like to go heli skiing for one day. There seems to be Whistler Heli Ski or Coast Range? Any views on either of them and do we need to book before going. Our trip is 22.3 - 30.3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 112/4/13 at 5:37pmpost #3 of 112/7/13 at 12:42pm
Wrong forum but:
1) Whistler Heli for sure if you are not experienced powder skiers. Give them an honest assessment of your ability and they will take you to nice mellow glaciers (25-30 degree slope, no obstacles). Coast Range can do the same, but caters to more experienced riders and you do not want to hold up a group of stronger skiers.
2) Probably want to book in advance if possible, but might not be necessary for that week as late March is not as busy as Jan/Feb in Whistler.
Have fun.post #4 of 112/7/13 at 10:12pm
What a coincidence! I am in Whistler right now and earlier today I did a Coast Range Heli day (my 1st!). It was a fantastic experience, but as mentioned they do cater to smaller advanced groups. The best thig to do is to talk to each outfit and see what they have to say. I am sure if you are honest about the experience levels of everyone you will be fine with either operation.
Rick Gpost #5 of 112/10/13 at 12:54pmThread Starterpost #6 of 112/17/13 at 10:10amThread Starterpost #7 of 112/19/13 at 12:57pmpost #8 of 112/24/13 at 2:38amThread Starterpost #9 of 112/25/13 at 8:07am
Hi Sue, my husband and I are heading to Whistler for our second time this year from the 23 to the 30th. We don't plan on heli skiing this time out, but if you wanted to meet up while there we could get to gether for some turns. We'll be staying at the Holiday Inn suites in Whistler Village near the BlackComb Gondola lift. We love Whistler, and I'm sure you'll have a blast. I also love Heli skiing but it's not in this years budget. Both Heli Ski outfits are going to be professional and make sure you have a great day, so phoning and discussing it with them and how they fit your likes and skiing would be the way I go.post #10 of 114/6/13 at 6:41amThread StarterWe have just returned from Whistler and in the end went heli skiing with Whistler Heli ski. The day was brilliant and the guide excellent. We chose them because it caters for advanced skiers and I was concerned whether our 13 year old son would cope in an experienced advanced group. There was no need to worry, the three of us were amongst the strongest skiers. There were some aspects you all may want to think about and worth discussing with each company. We stayed on the same mountain all day and as a glacier it was not steep. I had expected to go to more than one mountain but it may have been retsricted due to avalanche risk. We were in a group of mixed ability of intermediate and advanced skiers. This meant that the terrains had to suit all skiers and restricted where we skied. It did not affect our day as it was still great fun but this may not suit everybody. I should have asked but it did not occurs to me that groups would be mixed. We also had a days training with Wendy Brookbank from Extremely Canadian. One of the best instructors we have skied with and she was excellent with both the boys and really improved their skiing. She was also great fun. Hope that helps all of you and we will ask more questions next time we go
- Heli skiing Whistler
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Stellar Heli Skiing
- › Side/base angles: please explain, thanks 38 minutes ago
- › How much wax does everyone use? 45 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 2 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Mountain Collective 17/18 is out 2 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › Hip Rotation in second half of turn 3 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Can you please comment on my skiing? 3 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Before and after 3 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 3 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 4 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › When is Spring Break CO 4 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › Big Sky by oldgoat
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview