- 87 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- 2016-17 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, MD, west PA) Last post on Today at 3:59 pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- 2015-16 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, west PA; plus SC, GA, TN, AL, FL) Last post on 9/10/16 at 1:25pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- The 2014-15 thread for NC, VA, SC, GA, WV, etc.. Last post on 9/8/15 at 7:32pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Wintergreen vs Sugar vs Beech Last post on 2/27/17 at 1:40pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Long Easy Greens for a first-timer [family driving from TN, beginners and intermediates] Last post on 11/10/13 at 5:07pm in Family Skiing Discussions
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Massanutten - An Unofficial GuideLast edited: 10/9/15
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
Easily the best hill (let's not get crazy calling these mountains) in Minnesota. It's fairly spread out across four separate hills (though, I'd call them two). There's a gondola that connects the...
- Massanutten - An Unofficial Guide
any good mogul runs in mid atlantic right now?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
No bump runs at Wintergreen yet, although Outer Limits gets to be nice and bumped up later in the season. Snowshoe got 10 inches last night, go there. I don't think Cupp run will have bumps, but Snowshoe is awesome today.
Yep SS got dumped on, and it's supposed to keep coming until Sunday.
The last couple weekends the upper portion of Cupp (say top 15% of the slope) has been bumped up decent, but nothing to technical. My idea of skiing moguls is basically surviving them, but my wife loves them and she had a good time. Spruce on the other side is a blue that had nice bumps as well. Those were a little more organized.
Worth giving Massanutten a try, especially if you have to ski on weekends. You'll never have to wait in line on Lift 6, which only serves the two longer black runs. They are lit for night skiing as well, starts at 4pm. MAKattack is off Lift 5. Right now the connector trails are open (Mainstreet, YeeHa) so can go between Lift 5 and 6 without going back to the bottom.
If you want to check things out for extra cheap, they have a special deal on Monday nights.
- any good mogul runs in mid atlantic right now?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 1 minute ago
- › ***** CHEAP & HIGH QUALITY SKI IN IRAN ***** 6 minutes ago
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 25 minutes ago
- › How to get a razor edge? 29 minutes ago
- › Mountain Collective 17/18 is out 29 minutes ago
- › Bump turn on flats 52 minutes ago
- › Side/base angles: please explain, thanks 54 minutes ago
- › 105-110 powder ski that can handle ice 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › 2010/2011 Kastle MX 88 Replacement 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Skis, boots, or me? 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › Manning Park Resort by davidykay
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview
- › Fan Traverse Drill
- › Complete Ski Packages - Skip the Rental Line!