- 66 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- 2016-17 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, MD, west PA) Last post on Yesterday at 9:49 am in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- 2015-16 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, west PA; plus SC, GA, TN, AL, FL) Last post on 9/10/16 at 1:25pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- The 2014-15 thread for NC, VA, SC, GA, WV, etc.. Last post on 9/8/15 at 7:32pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Long Easy Greens for a first-timer [family driving from TN, beginners and intermediates] Last post on 11/10/13 at 5:07pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- NC, VA, SC, GA Ski Trip/Day Trip Get Together Meet Up Thread for 2013-2014 Season Last post on 4/11/14 at 6:07am in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/17/16
- Massanutten - An Unofficial GuideLast edited: 10/9/15
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
- Massanutten - An Unofficial Guide
any good mogul runs in mid atlantic right now?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
No bump runs at Wintergreen yet, although Outer Limits gets to be nice and bumped up later in the season. Snowshoe got 10 inches last night, go there. I don't think Cupp run will have bumps, but Snowshoe is awesome today.
Yep SS got dumped on, and it's supposed to keep coming until Sunday.
The last couple weekends the upper portion of Cupp (say top 15% of the slope) has been bumped up decent, but nothing to technical. My idea of skiing moguls is basically surviving them, but my wife loves them and she had a good time. Spruce on the other side is a blue that had nice bumps as well. Those were a little more organized.
Worth giving Massanutten a try, especially if you have to ski on weekends. You'll never have to wait in line on Lift 6, which only serves the two longer black runs. They are lit for night skiing as well, starts at 4pm. MAKattack is off Lift 5. Right now the connector trails are open (Mainstreet, YeeHa) so can go between Lift 5 and 6 without going back to the bottom.
If you want to check things out for extra cheap, they have a special deal on Monday nights.
- any good mogul runs in mid atlantic right now?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 24 seconds ago
- › Mt. Bachelor buiding new chairlift will open many more acres. 2 minutes ago
- › New Instructional Video: JF Beaulieu, Andreas Spittle & Nadine... 3 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 5 minutes ago
- › Boutique Vs Big Brands: Which do you prefer? 12 minutes ago
- › Another What ski/size question, with a twist... 14 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 18 minutes ago
- › Mountain Collective 2016/17 [14 destinations, including Whistler,... 21 minutes ago
- › NOAA Winter Outlook issued 28 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 31 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer