I have said there are a more wrong skis than there are bad ones and it has never been more true of of late. Be it the "Disappointed by the MX88" thread or this guy selling his Bonafides, two skis that have been critically acclaimed not only in the printed press but also here in the virtual world. Why? A couple of reasons...
* The ski was not what the person thought they wanted.
* The physical requirements of the ski did not match the physical attributes of the skier
* The technical requirements of the ski did not match the technical ability of the skier
* The ski was just a bad re recommendation by a buddy/rep/salesman/reviewer that had nothing in common with the skier buying the ski
* Having the biggest, baddest, stiffest, widest ski is right
* Add your reason *here*
How many people are out there on the wrong ski, even though it is a very good ski? All the skis (well MOST of the skis) are exceptional. But it needs to be considered less of what a ski is, but with more of what the ski does.