Hi guys and gals. I'm driving to Park City next week for the first time and I was wondering what the best driving route is. I'll be coming from Las Vegas so according to google maps my options are take I-15 north all the way to I-80 and then south down to Park City, or take US-189 through Heber City. Driving time seems roughly the same. And what about during bad weather? Is one way better than the other? I'm assuming US-189 will be less congested than taking I-15 though SLC (and a more scenic drive), but it also seems like it might be more prone to risk during a snow storm.
- itemPark City Mountain Resorttagged by marznc, 1/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- The "Park City Effect": UT Records Best Skier Visits Last post on 7/27/16 at 8:19pm in Skiing News
- Park City late Jan 2016 Last post on 1/29/16 at 7:13pm in Trip Reports
- Park City & Canyons are shaping up with recent storms! :) Last post on 1/9/16 at 9:42am in Trip Reports
- PCMR Best lift there to lap for experts? Last post on 2/16/16 at 3:46pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Park city travel timing advice Last post on 9/20/15 at 1:25pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
Last edited: 9/14/16
- Park City, UT - A PictorialLast edited: 9/20/15
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
- Park City, UT - A Pictorial
Best route to Park City?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Go I-80. 189 takes you through Provo Canyon and then you have to drive through Heber City (traffic lights). I-80 is an easier drive, but Provo Canyon and Heber valley is more scenic.
Years ago there was a big inversion with lots of fog in Provo and SLC- we were planning on I-15 to 80 but locals advised that we would get above the fog on the Provo Canyon route- it was really beautiful with a full moon reflecting off the river!
- Best route to Park City?
- › Semantics 6 minutes ago
- › Alta and/or Snowbird April 2017, will you be there? 18 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 37 minutes ago
- › Anyone had MSC (aka Regenexx) done to knee and ski'd to tell about it? 41 minutes ago
- › FS: Kastle MX88, 178cm and Bindings 48 minutes ago
- › FS: Apex ski boots 48 minutes ago
- › I want to taste the Kastle Kool-Aid but... 51 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 57 minutes ago
- › MA my bump skiing 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Park Ski Tuning 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview