Hi guys and gals. I'm driving to Park City next week for the first time and I was wondering what the best driving route is. I'll be coming from Las Vegas so according to google maps my options are take I-15 north all the way to I-80 and then south down to Park City, or take US-189 through Heber City. Driving time seems roughly the same. And what about during bad weather? Is one way better than the other? I'm assuming US-189 will be less congested than taking I-15 though SLC (and a more scenic drive), but it also seems like it might be more prone to risk during a snow storm.
- itemPark City Mountain Resorttagged by marznc, 1/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- The "Park City Effect": UT Records Best Skier Visits Last post on 7/27/16 at 8:19pm in Skiing News
- Park City late Jan 2016 Last post on 1/29/16 at 7:13pm in Trip Reports
- Park City & Canyons are shaping up with recent storms! :) Last post on 1/9/16 at 9:42am in Trip Reports
- PCMR Best lift there to lap for experts? Last post on 2/16/16 at 3:46pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Park city travel timing advice Last post on 9/20/15 at 1:25pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
Last edited: 9/14/16
- Park City, UT - A PictorialLast edited: 9/20/15
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
- Park City, UT - A Pictorial
Best route to Park City?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Go I-80. 189 takes you through Provo Canyon and then you have to drive through Heber City (traffic lights). I-80 is an easier drive, but Provo Canyon and Heber valley is more scenic.
Years ago there was a big inversion with lots of fog in Provo and SLC- we were planning on I-15 to 80 but locals advised that we would get above the fog on the Provo Canyon route- it was really beautiful with a full moon reflecting off the river!
- Best route to Park City?
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 2 minutes ago
- › How to fix cracked ski edge 22 minutes ago
- › 2017 CRV with 1.5l turbo? 25 minutes ago
- › All mountain twin tip plus park ski? 29 minutes ago
- › Decision '17: Whistler or Alta/Bird? 55 minutes ago
- › North American snow watch 2016- snow reports needed! 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › 5-year plans for Alta and Snowbasin 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › how to adjsut Rossignol Power 10C axial front binding 1 hour, 50 minutes ago
- › FS: Jackets, Hats, Gloves, & Mittens 2 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer