- I'm beginner (first time was mid December 2012) but have gone almost every weekend so I'm up to 6 days total. Have taken group lesson 5 times. Am skiing some blues. Advancing relatively quickly I think -- having the lessons so close together is certainly beneficial as is my figure skating background/ good balance.
- east coast (hunter & windham primarily, Killington once.)
- I like to think I'm intermediate however demo'ing the atomic cloud d2 73 was humbling. Very fast ski and more than I can handle. I'm already pretty fast and that ski made me feel out of control.
- I've done extensive research online but am concerned that ill purchase an 'intermediate' ski that - like the cloud d273 - is not at all a good fit.
- what I really want (based on research) is the k2 superfree (especially love that groovy 50th anniversary design) but am afraid it's too advanced for me. That is specifically what I'm looking for advice on. The K2 superfree is intermediate to expert but can I handle them? Or will they strike fear in me as did the cloud d273?
- I never intended to bother demo'ing the cloud d2 but had few options (was holiday/busy) left at shop. That ski was not on my list. Also demo'd atomic affinity air. Very good fit for me and yet I'm longing for something more spectacular. I expect to keep advancing my skills and so I do want a ski I can grow into ... But NOT one that makes me feel out of control as did the cloud d2.
Thanks! - Bria