Recent Images In This Thread
- itemWhitefish Mountain Resorttagged by sibhusky, 1/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- 1 week ski holiday in western Canada/US suggestions (not Whistler) ? Last post on 10/14/16 at 12:09pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Inbounds Photos Last post on 9/13/16 at 9:25pm in Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
- Pick a mountain [for western Canada, coming from Australia] - the separate thread Last post on 8/29/16 at 3:30pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Advice: Low Altitude Trip in March [family trip, intermediate, first big mountain] Last post on 8/24/16 at 10:08pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Whistler in February vs. April for Blue Square Skiers Last post on 4/27/16 at 6:25pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Whitefish pictures - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Due to the dry powder we received early in the season, followed by wetter, much heavier snow and now weeks of sun, glide fractures have developed in Haskill Slide, which was closed today. Wouldn't have liked to be the guys working there.
Skied today, pretty frigid. The chair ride was intense. Looks like Saturday may be bad, just dress for it.
Resting today after five straight days, plus it's a Friday. Powder Fridays here are feeding frenzies. Yesterday was most excellent as it snowed all day and no one in town had noticed. Now the clouds are gone, the snow report is out there and the place will be a mad house..... Gotta tell myself that... Got to remind myself that yesterday I was staggering into to the locker room, barely able to walk.. But, it's going to drive me nuts all day.
My wife and I got back from Whitefish a week ago after spending a week in your "hood". I created an Epic Ski login just so that I could thank you for all the work you did on your local Big Mountain Guide website. It was great to see a trail and go "hey I remember sibhusky said to watch out for..." So anyway we had a great time, it was a bit warmer that week than we expected but it snowed twice and the fog only sent us home for half a day - so victory was claimed. The funny thing was that every time we encountered a gaggle of skiers standing in the middle of a narrow trail I thought of you!
So now I'm glued to the webcams and the snow report and I'll be frothing to get back on the snow next season. Looks like it got colder and more snowy after I left. I'm angling to spend an extended time there next year, perhaps 4 weeks if we can swing it. So next year I'll buy you lunch - you earned it.
- › Atomic Redster Ski Boot Club 15 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › Colorado Winter Driving...is AWD enough? 1 hour, 46 minutes ago
- › Painful, funny story 2 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › CO Man ordered to pay $260,000 in damages from skiing accident 2 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › GogglePal - anyone test this universal HUD yet? 2 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › What's your ski trip rig? Lets see some pictures! 2 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 2 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › First Time Buying Skis and Boots - Do It All Together? 3 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 4 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer