I have an opportunity to bring my 15 y/o daughter out for her first time on the hill, who's got the best combo of friendly terrain and package deal? It'll only be 1 day this time out, more later if she likes it.
- itemBreckenridge Ski Resorttagged by marznc, 1/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trip in Feb. Need advice on when to buy passes [family, 4 ski days at Vail, Keystone, Breck] Last post on 9/11/16 at 6:34pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- If you could pick one mountain town to live in the US... Last post on 9/14/16 at 4:23pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 6 Day Trip to Breck - Worth Hitting A-Basin? Last post on 6/8/16 at 8:12pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Soliciting input from any Breckenridge experts Last post on 2/14/16 at 9:59am in General Skiing Discussion
- Breckenridge Mid-April (Closing Week) Last post on 4/20/16 at 5:49am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
Last edited: 9/14/16
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/17/16
- Unofficial Guide to BRECKENRIDGELast edited: 3/15/16
- Brief History Of Breckenridge By Lisa MercerLast edited: 4/26/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
What's the best place in Summit Co. for a NeverEver?post #1 of 31/24/13 at 2:04pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 31/24/13 at 4:49pmAbsolutely best beginner terrain is the area served by the Quicksilver lift out of the Village at Breckenridge. There is a small magic carpet area enclosed in fencing just uphill from the bottom of the Quick, there is a short, but steeper Poma lift slope just above the magic carpet area and then there are the multiple slopes served by the Quick that all offer the same kind of shallow, wide terrain.
Unless you have experience teaching beginners, you'll do better enrolling her in a novice lesson class for at least the first day. A novice lesson and lift package is available from the Ski & Ride School. She will be in an adult lesson.post #3 of 31/25/13 at 10:10pmThread Starter
Kneale, your advice was right on, thanks.
I forgot to mention that she wanted to try snowboarding (sigh), so I tried it too. We both took an adult group lesson (which ended up being just the two of us) from the Village school today. The terrain off of the Quicksilver lift was perfect, she had fun, and now my tailbone and wrists are sore...
- What's the best place in Summit Co. for a NeverEver?
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › How to fix cracked ski edge 2 minutes ago
- › 2017 CRV with 1.5l turbo? 5 minutes ago
- › All mountain twin tip plus park ski? 9 minutes ago
- › Decision '17: Whistler or Alta/Bird? 35 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 51 minutes ago
- › North American snow watch 2016- snow reports needed! 59 minutes ago
- › 5-year plans for Alta and Snowbasin 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › how to adjsut Rossignol Power 10C axial front binding 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › FS: Jackets, Hats, Gloves, & Mittens 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer