I have an opportunity to bring my 15 y/o daughter out for her first time on the hill, who's got the best combo of friendly terrain and package deal? It'll only be 1 day this time out, more later if she likes it.
- itemBreckenridge Ski Resorttagged by marznc, 1/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Spring Skiing in ColoRADo! March 17 - 19 Last post on 3/23/17 at 8:00am in Trip Reports
- Conditions + resort advice - Late March 2017 Last post on 3/13/17 at 5:12pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2017 Geezer Snowbirds Tour Last post on 3/14/17 at 6:22pm in Trip Reports
- Breckenridge...Step up from Bliss Last post on 2/22/17 at 7:30pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Vail / BC / Copper for Family Trip Mid-April Last post on 2/19/17 at 5:00pm in Family Skiing Discussions
EpicSki Interview with Patrick Torsell of Ski Cooper: Part 2
Last edited: 1/20/17
- EpicSki Interview with Tim EastleyLast edited: 12/19/16
- EpicSki Interview with James NiehuesLast edited: 9/14/16
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/24/16
- Unofficial Guide to BRECKENRIDGELast edited: 3/10/17
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
What's the best place in Summit Co. for a NeverEver?post #1 of 31/24/13 at 2:04pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 31/24/13 at 4:49pmAbsolutely best beginner terrain is the area served by the Quicksilver lift out of the Village at Breckenridge. There is a small magic carpet area enclosed in fencing just uphill from the bottom of the Quick, there is a short, but steeper Poma lift slope just above the magic carpet area and then there are the multiple slopes served by the Quick that all offer the same kind of shallow, wide terrain.
Unless you have experience teaching beginners, you'll do better enrolling her in a novice lesson class for at least the first day. A novice lesson and lift package is available from the Ski & Ride School. She will be in an adult lesson.post #3 of 31/25/13 at 10:10pmThread Starter
Kneale, your advice was right on, thanks.
I forgot to mention that she wanted to try snowboarding (sigh), so I tried it too. We both took an adult group lesson (which ended up being just the two of us) from the Village school today. The terrain off of the Quicksilver lift was perfect, she had fun, and now my tailbone and wrists are sore...
- What's the best place in Summit Co. for a NeverEver?
- EpicSki Interview with Tim Eastley
- › My 2nd annual Banff trip: March 9 – 11, 2017 5 minutes ago
- › Free Get Lean challenge 12 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 16 minutes ago
- › I bought new skis and they feel soooo heavy! 36 minutes ago
- › Review: 2015 Volkl BMT 94 56 minutes ago
- › Assistance with April 8 to 13th Trip to Anywhere... 57 minutes ago
- › March 2017 Image of the Month Contest 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Spring vacation trip ideas, for a family with beginners,... 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › Skier dies in accident at Hunter Mountain 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › Is it me or the skis? 1 hour, 42 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview