I'm a Utah skier and heading to Mt Hood and Mt Bachelor in February to ski with friends. I've never skied anywhere but Utah so I don't know what to expect from "Cascade Concrete" and plan to demo skis rather than lug mine. For those of you who ski Oregon, I'd love your advice as to what I should rent.
- Female, 41, 120lbs, 5'5", Level 8 (expert) skier, PSIA Level 1 instructor.
- We will likely be more on the groomers and bumps than off-piste this trip as our friends aren't as adventurous.
- I'm not a fan of really stiff skis. I hated my Nordica Conquers. I just don't like having to muscle them.
- I love to carve and, if I have to ski on-piste, I want solid edge grip.
- I recently demoed the Fischer Koa 84 on a choppy powder day here in UT and adored it. I normally ski a Salomon BBR 7.9.
- Here's the list of demo skis at Mt. Bachelor: http://www.mtbachelor.com/winter/release_forms/Demo_Ski_Brochure.pdf/
So, what are your thoughts on the best front side skis for me to rent in Oregon?
Thank you in advance!