How do the black diamond runs at Heavenly compare with those at Mammoth? Heavenly trail map shows a lot of double black diamonds. How do they compare with the double black diamonds at Mammoth?
Related Forum Threads
- What are your favorite alpine lakes to ski? Last post on 11/9/13 at 7:55am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2013 / 14 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke Last post on 9/26/14 at 11:05am in General Skiing Discussion
- Mammoth or Heavenly Feb 2014 Last post on 7/11/13 at 1:00pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Outside Magazine’s 2012 Ski Resort Rankings Last post on 11/7/12 at 7:44am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- SKI Magazine Resort Survey Results, 2012-2013 Last post on 3/2/13 at 1:25pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/17/16
- Mammoth Mountain, Eastern Sierra, CALast edited: 1/31/16
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
- Mammoth Mountain, Eastern Sierra, CA
Mammoth vs Heavenly Black Diamond Runs
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They are not as steep as Cornice or the moguls by the triple chair that goes to the top of mammoth.
Gun barrel at H may be a little steeper than straight down the gondola line at mammoth and the moguls are probably bigger (and more icy depending on conditions)
@Soopster...... Thanks. Your comment will help me decide whether to take the tram or ski down to the parking lot. I do see on the trail map that there is way down via Roundabout. Last time I was at Heavenly, there was little snow near the bottom and it was unskiable. I'm hoping that this year conditions are better.
- Mammoth vs Heavenly Black Diamond Runs
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 5-year plans for Alta and Snowbasin 47 minutes ago
- › Atomic XT discussion (video) 1 hour ago
- › New brand. Stellar equipment 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › New Instructional Video: JF Beaulieu, Andreas Spettel & Nadine... 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 2 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Travel Agent t that specializes in Europe 2 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Recommendation allmountain skis [to replace Armada TST] 2 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 3 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › Demo bindings 4 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Telluride March 11-18 2017 4 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer