How do the black diamond runs at Heavenly compare with those at Mammoth? Heavenly trail map shows a lot of double black diamonds. How do they compare with the double black diamonds at Mammoth?
Related Forum Threads
- What are your favorite alpine lakes to ski? Last post on 11/9/13 at 7:55am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2013 / 14 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke Last post on 9/26/14 at 11:05am in General Skiing Discussion
- Mammoth or Heavenly Feb 2014 Last post on 7/11/13 at 1:00pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Outside Magazine’s 2012 Ski Resort Rankings Last post on 11/7/12 at 7:44am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- SKI Magazine Resort Survey Results, 2012-2013 Last post on 3/2/13 at 1:25pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Mammoth Mountain, Eastern Sierra, CALast edited: 1/31/16
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
- Mammoth Mountain, Eastern Sierra, CA
Mammoth vs Heavenly Black Diamond Runs
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They are not as steep as Cornice or the moguls by the triple chair that goes to the top of mammoth.
Gun barrel at H may be a little steeper than straight down the gondola line at mammoth and the moguls are probably bigger (and more icy depending on conditions)
@Soopster...... Thanks. Your comment will help me decide whether to take the tram or ski down to the parking lot. I do see on the trail map that there is way down via Roundabout. Last time I was at Heavenly, there was little snow near the bottom and it was unskiable. I'm hoping that this year conditions are better.
- Mammoth vs Heavenly Black Diamond Runs
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 33 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 42 minutes ago
- › My 2nd annual Banff trip: March 9 – 11, 2017 48 minutes ago
- › L3 finally in the books 54 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat 55 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 59 minutes ago
- › 105-110 powder ski that can handle ice 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › Tips for keeping your tips up? 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › DPS Cassiar F95 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- › First Chair Introductions - Where? How often? Solo or with others? 2 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Okemo Mountain by TRobertson
- › Big Sky by oldgoat
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview