I’m planning on writing an article for my weblog www.desertsnowjunkies.com about a head to head comparison between Jackson Hole and Telluride. Here are some of my initial thoughts and would love to have you weigh in.
- Vertical: JH (especially continuous)
- Skiable acreage: JH (almost everything inbounds)
- Bumps: T
- Groomers: T
- Trees: JH
- Inbounds extreme: JH (Corbet’s, et al)
- Hike to: JH (lines of hikers almost reminded me of Silverton)
- Bowls: T (bigger and more lift accessible)
- Lifts & lines: ??
- Base area & ski town: T (Jackson is great, but half hour bus ride away)
- Scenery: T (Tetons are awesome, but not in your face like T-ride)
- Snow: JH
- Weather: T
- Accessibility: ?? (both not the easiest)
- Cost: ?? (both very pricey)
Any thoughts or suggestions are very welcome, thanks.