I am going to park city the end of jan. With their current base and so so new snow will it at least be half decent?
- itemPark City Mountain Resorttagged by System, 1/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The "Park City Effect": UT Records Best Skier Visits Last post on 7/27/16 at 8:19pm in Skiing News
- Park City late Jan 2016 Last post on 1/29/16 at 7:13pm in Trip Reports
- Park City & Canyons are shaping up with recent storms! :) Last post on 1/9/16 at 9:42am in Trip Reports
- PCMR Best lift there to lap for experts? Last post on 2/16/16 at 3:46pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Park city travel timing advice Last post on 9/20/15 at 1:25pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
Last edited: 9/14/16
- Park City, UT - A PictorialLast edited: 9/20/15
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
- Park City, UT - A Pictorial
park city conditions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I guess you need to define "half decent" ?
Why do you say so-so new snow? Significant snow is expected later this week and another storm is expected right after that. Base is decent, more or less normal for this time of year.
My crystal ball seems as broken as yours - it's not giving me any clear picture of what's going to happen next week, let alone in three weeks.
I'd say that unless it doesn't snow at all between now and then, the groomers should be just fine and there should be some moguls. As always, the trees will really depend on whether it snows close to your trip or not - unless you like skiing hard, slick moguls between trees, in which case, trees are always good.
Other than that, you'll have to wait and see. After the massive storm they predicted last month fizzled into near nothingness, I can stress that looking at the weather a few days, let alone a few weeks, out isn't particularly fruitful.
We certainly have more snow this season compared to last season. The temperature has been quite cold the past week and a half (sub-zero mornings) so we are keeping the snow we have. January is typically a big snow month here. I wouldn't worry.
- park city conditions
- › GogglePal - anyone test this universal HUD yet? 3 minutes ago
- › Bottom of Foot Pain - Tried it All (long read, please help) 26 minutes ago
- › JH vs Keystone 27 minutes ago
- › Kids Group vs Semi-Private Lesson 31 minutes ago
- › Boutique Vs Big Brands: Which do you prefer? 33 minutes ago
- › Basic entry level poles? 35 minutes ago
- › Bode News 35 minutes ago
- › NYC Gathering in the city, before the snow starts [Nov. 3] 38 minutes ago
- › Best ski location on the east coast??? 38 minutes ago
- › Two new lifts at Powder Mountain? 43 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer