I am going to park city the end of jan. With their current base and so so new snow will it at least be half decent?
- itemPark City Mountain Resorttagged by System, 1/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The "Park City Effect": UT Records Best Skier Visits Last post on 7/27/16 at 8:19pm in Skiing News
- Park City late Jan 2016 Last post on 1/29/16 at 7:13pm in Trip Reports
- Park City & Canyons are shaping up with recent storms! :) Last post on 1/9/16 at 9:42am in Trip Reports
- PCMR Best lift there to lap for experts? Last post on 2/16/16 at 3:46pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Park city travel timing advice Last post on 9/20/15 at 1:25pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
Last edited: 9/14/16
- Park City, UT - A PictorialLast edited: 9/20/15
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
- Park City, UT - A Pictorial
park city conditions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I guess you need to define "half decent" ?
Why do you say so-so new snow? Significant snow is expected later this week and another storm is expected right after that. Base is decent, more or less normal for this time of year.
My crystal ball seems as broken as yours - it's not giving me any clear picture of what's going to happen next week, let alone in three weeks.
I'd say that unless it doesn't snow at all between now and then, the groomers should be just fine and there should be some moguls. As always, the trees will really depend on whether it snows close to your trip or not - unless you like skiing hard, slick moguls between trees, in which case, trees are always good.
Other than that, you'll have to wait and see. After the massive storm they predicted last month fizzled into near nothingness, I can stress that looking at the weather a few days, let alone a few weeks, out isn't particularly fruitful.
We certainly have more snow this season compared to last season. The temperature has been quite cold the past week and a half (sub-zero mornings) so we are keeping the snow we have. January is typically a big snow month here. I wouldn't worry.
- park city conditions
- › Is it me or the skis? 6 minutes ago
- › MA my bump skiing 25 minutes ago
- › The Season of Pow - China, Xinjiang Trip Report 29 minutes ago
- › Opinions sought on Zermaat-Cervinia : How does it compare 49 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Anyone still ski and love vintage equipment? 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Semantics 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › 2018 Kastle skis? 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › Zipfit Owners 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview