- 71 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Location: Brownsville TX
- Select All Posts By This User
- itemSierra-at-Tahoe Ski Resorttagged by System, 12/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Ski Adventure Road Trip - Four States in One Week Last post on 1/20/17 at 5:41am in Trip Reports
- 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke Last post on Yesterday at 7:42 am in General Skiing Discussion
- California Visit [meet ups] Last post on 2/22/16 at 3:54pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Newbie looking for guidance in Tahoe for self and gf to learn to ski Last post on 1/28/16 at 6:10am in Beginner Zone
- Sierra at Tahoe - vs- Kirkwood Last post on 12/17/15 at 5:19pm in General Skiing Discussion
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Sierra at Tahoe
Nice that you had the place to yourself, my lasting image of Sierra is some of the longest lines I have ever seen. I think I have been scarred for life, I still have nightmares about turning the corner around the lodge and seeing the line. I'm pretty sure that lines for bread in Moscow right after the fall of communism were shorter than that.
Sierra has been through a lot of changes over the years, and it would be great to get some updates on how crowds have been affected. It is the closest area to Sacramento and has had some low-priced passes that used to bring a lot of kids and snowboards out. This is the first yearr since they have been separated from the Northstar (Double Whammy) pass deal and I'm wondering if it has affected the numbers much. They also had a vertical club deal where you could cut the lines, and it was the only way to fly.
Some storm days, you can find a lot of untracked at Sierra if you know where to go.
- Sierra at Tahoe
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 3 minutes ago
- › Zipfit Owners 17 minutes ago
- › My 2nd annual Banff trip: March 9 – 11, 2017 31 minutes ago
- › Semantics 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Race Skis - Can't get side edges sharp in certain places 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Praxis Custom Sale Up 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › The Season of Pow - China, Xinjiang Trip Report 2 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › Aspen end of March?? 2 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 2 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › Brighton/Solitude v. Sbird/Alta 2 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview