Jeez. Three in-bounds incidents in a week? I don't know what's going on with your snowpack right now, but that's pretty crazy. Be safe everyone, and I hope the Alpine patroller is ok.
Related Forum Threads
- Xmas Holiday Ski Experiences Last post on 1/21/17 at 9:08am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Want to get into backcountry skiing Last post on 1/8/17 at 5:31am in Backcountry, Telemark, and Cross Country
- 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke Last post on Today at 10:46 am in General Skiing Discussion
- Squaw/Alpine looking to welcome Chinese tourists who ski Last post on 6/7/16 at 12:43pm in Skiing News
- Mt Rose reaching out to other season pass holders looking for bargain lift tickets [Squaw/Alpine... Last post on 5/1/16 at 6:53am in General Skiing Discussion
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Squaw Valley Unofficial GuideLast edited: 7/17/15
- An Unvarnished Guide to Dining at SquawLast edited: 1/16/13
- Electromagnetic Interference and Avalanche BeaconsLast edited: 11/13/12
- Slough ManagementLast edited: 4/27/11
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
KT avalanche at Squaw - Page 2post #31 of 3312/24/12 at 9:41pmpost #32 of 3312/24/12 at 10:27pmpost #33 of 3312/25/12 at 2:24am
Sorry to hear all this bad news on that side of the pond.
I'm a little concerned over here given a REALLY early start followed by very cold, followed by unusually warm (no jacket on Christmas!?) and some rain-- and whatever comes next. We could be getting set up for something similar... except the second we step off the piste there's no (or no acknowledged) control.
It's so hard to turn back from good looking powder-- but it's so much better to be able to ski another 10, 20, 50 years where inevitably scores of even better days will set up under safe(r) conditions.
Keep your heads.
- KT avalanche at Squaw
- Squaw Valley Unofficial Guide
- › Buying passes for the next N.A. season, 2017-18, don't wait until... 10 minutes ago
- › More Retro memories???? 13 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 14 minutes ago
- › The Season of Pow - China, Xinjiang Trip Report 22 minutes ago
- › Inside leg issue and other concerns. 32 minutes ago
- › March 2017 Image of the Month Contest 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Anyone had MSC (aka Regenexx) done to knee and ski'd to tell about it? 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Demo's @ SnowShoe January 24th, 2017 (Head Monster 98, Rossi E88,... 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview