Jeez. Three in-bounds incidents in a week? I don't know what's going on with your snowpack right now, but that's pretty crazy. Be safe everyone, and I hope the Alpine patroller is ok.
Related Forum Threads
- Squaw/Alpine looking to welcome Chinese tourists who ski Last post on 6/7/16 at 12:43pm in Skiing News
- Mt Rose reaching out to other season pass holders looking for bargain lift tickets [Squaw/Alpine... Last post on 5/1/16 at 6:53am in General Skiing Discussion
- California Dreaming (a trip of many misfortune, but fortunately no missed opportunity) Last post on 4/4/16 at 8:49am in Trip Reports
- California Skiing, March 17-25, 2016 Last post on 4/6/16 at 9:14am in Trip Reports
- More avalanches Last post on 3/4/16 at 6:28pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: Today
- Squaw Valley Unofficial GuideLast edited: 7/17/15
- An Unvarnished Guide to Dining at SquawLast edited: 1/16/13
- Electromagnetic Interference and Avalanche BeaconsLast edited: 11/13/12
- Slough ManagementLast edited: 4/27/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
KT avalanche at Squaw - Page 2post #31 of 3312/24/12 at 9:41pmpost #32 of 3312/24/12 at 10:27pmpost #33 of 3312/25/12 at 2:24am
Sorry to hear all this bad news on that side of the pond.
I'm a little concerned over here given a REALLY early start followed by very cold, followed by unusually warm (no jacket on Christmas!?) and some rain-- and whatever comes next. We could be getting set up for something similar... except the second we step off the piste there's no (or no acknowledged) control.
It's so hard to turn back from good looking powder-- but it's so much better to be able to ski another 10, 20, 50 years where inevitably scores of even better days will set up under safe(r) conditions.
Keep your heads.
- KT avalanche at Squaw
- Squaw Valley Unofficial Guide
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 17 minutes ago
- › Cons and Pros. Atomic Vantage cti 90 vs Nordica Enforcer 93 35 minutes ago
- › FS: Jackets, Hats, Gloves, & Mittens 51 minutes ago
- › how to adjust Marker Titanium SC bindings? 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › How many sizes of skis will my child go through? 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Silver Mountain, Idaho has a new owner 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › Where to ski to see majestic mountains out West (for intermediate... 1 hour, 58 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 2 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › Quick Bonafide size question? 2 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer