or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fibula/ankle fracture - need a pep talk - Page 4

post #91 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by spknmike View Post

Slid on some snow today.. and the snow gods welcomed me back with a nice April storm.

 

Only lasted 4 runs before I couldn't take anymore, but it's a start! :)

 

4 runs is better than no runs. Congrats!

post #92 of 99

Thanks guys!

 

Got out there again yesterday and into about 12" of dry (for April) powder. Heel/achilles felt a lot better in a boot this time around (except riding the lifts!) and I was able to ski most the day!

 

 

 

Sorry for the image filter, taken from a friends Instagram.

post #93 of 99
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spknmike View Post

Slid on some snow today.. and the snow gods welcomed me back with a nice April storm.

 

Only lasted 4 runs before I couldn't take anymore, but it's a start! :)

 

Woo hoo!! Awesome!!

post #94 of 99
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx2ski View Post

Smile on your face and sun in the sky--what could be better?

 

I'm still doing physical therapy and will continue to the end of April. Surgery is scheduled for ACL reconstruction and meniscus repair on the 30th. Won't be buying a season pass early. Will just have to play it by ear next ski season.

 

Not much could be better - that's true! Well.. except the powder and snow falling from the sky a few days after those sunny pics! biggrin.gif

 

Good luck with surgery - you have all summer to rehab - I bet you'll be back out on the slopes next year no problem!

I convinced my home mountain to give me a refund on my season pass and now I wish I hadn't - had to buy tickets for each of my spring days! But I never thought I'd be back up at all this season...oh well - it's only money right ...can't take it with you (and I rationalize that I actually saved a lot this year by not taking any ski trips...).

 

 

Keep us posted on your recovery - hopefully we will all have the best season ever next year.

post #95 of 99
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spknmike View Post

Thanks guys!

 

Got out there again yesterday and into about 12" of dry (for April) powder. Heel/achilles felt a lot better in a boot this time around (except riding the lifts!) and I was able to ski most the day

 

Cool pic! Don't you love that mother nature saved us some winter? So glad you got to have a powder day!!

post #96 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by puma111 View Post

 

Not much could be better - that's true! Well.. except the powder and snow falling from the sky a few days after those sunny pics! biggrin.gif

 

Good luck with surgery - you have all summer to rehab - I bet you'll be back out on the slopes next year no problem!

I convinced my home mountain to give me a refund on my season pass and now I wish I hadn't - had to buy tickets for each of my spring days! But I never thought I'd be back up at all this season...oh well - it's only money right ...can't take it with you (and I rationalize that I actually saved a lot this year by not taking any ski trips...).

 

 

Keep us posted on your recovery - hopefully we will all have the best season ever next year.

 

Doctor says no skiing until February. confused.gif I think that's motivation to work even harder and change his mind!

post #97 of 99
Thread Starter 
My doc said I'd be out all season ...find a good PT and make skiing your goal...surprise the doc (of course Feb isn't bad we usually have some of the best snow Feb /march !) I think they don't expect most people to work so hard at rehab ...so don't want to get your hopes up !
post #98 of 99

I'd just like to be able to try some gentle skiing in January. It will be a mellow year. No bumps for me!

post #99 of 99
Thread Starter 

Hi everyone! It is ski season (almost - wish this sun would quit it in the NW!!). I am SO excited to ski this year....a little nervous about a repeat injury but much more excited just to get out there again! Thanks again for this forum - how are you all doing? Ready for the snow??!? :-)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: