EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Iowa, Southern Wisconsin, and part of Nebraska are about to get hammered!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Iowa, Southern Wisconsin, and part of Nebraska are about to get hammered! - Page 3

post #61 of 68

After a few days in the mid 50s with rain, Sunday delivered a somewhat unexpected surprise!  That's me in the distance fighting the crowds on the slopes this morning (March 11, 2013).

 

 

*

Mt. Crescent

post #62 of 68

I remember coming here on a day back in winter of 2004. They had 13 inches of new snow. It was the biggest powder day anywhere in the country that day! 

post #63 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post

I remember coming here on a day back in winter of 2004. They had 13 inches of new snow. It was the biggest powder day anywhere in the country that day! 

I was probably there!

post #64 of 68

Local season is winding down so I have moved on to the bigger hills 600 miles to the West.

 

 

post #65 of 68

Cascade Mountain closed today with plenty of snow.  Too bad they're not going to be open next weekend.

post #66 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL_Skier View Post

Cascade Mountain closed today with plenty of snow.  Too bad they're not going to be open next weekend.

My local ski area back outside of Omaha is planning to stay open another week -- I think that will be the latest they have ever been open.

post #67 of 68

Yup, Afton Alps is planning on Staying open until March 30th right now.  They said looking at the weather they could likely stay open way longer but they just don't get enough people there to make it profitable.  

 

They're going to stay open only until 6:00pm on the weekdays as night skiing is especially dead, which sucks because the sun actually stays up so long now it's not really night skiing...

post #68 of 68
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by focker View Post

Yup, Afton Alps is planning on Staying open until March 30th right now.  They said looking at the weather they could likely stay open way longer but they just don't get enough people there to make it profitable.  

 

They're going to stay open only until 6:00pm on the weekdays as night skiing is especially dead, which sucks because the sun actually stays up so long now it's not really night skiing...


And, on warm days the snow gets better again after the sun sets

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Iowa, Southern Wisconsin, and part of Nebraska are about to get hammered!