You guys are never at a loss for opinions, so here we go!
I'm looking for a new ski for East coast only.
- Ski loose, moveable powder, chop - 2nd, 3rd,4th tracks. I almost never get out first. Only had three legit floater days ever in the east; Love it!
- I do about 85% of my days in moderate-angle, slack-country woods or all natural marked trails..
- don't care about groomer performance, I've got skis for that.
- don't want to get beat up in the woods bumps, prefer some forgiveness.
- Getting up in years. Expect to have these into my 60's, which is pretty close.
- I don't have the power to muscle through runs any more. Working on technical skiing.
- I'm in not-bad shape. Lots of 4000-footer hiking in the summer.
- Comfortable skiing all trail ratings.
- The only trail I can't handle these days is Paradise when hard-packed
- I LOVE Jay marked glades. All of them.
- delighted if i can ski knee-deep. Don't expect for any more in the east. With 70's under foot today I just bottom out.
- Mid speed: No more hard charging, except on cruisers, and that's just speed.
- I have some 96 under foot Autuas. Love that under foot; they are just waaaay too long. Don't ask. I'm also concerned that 96 may be too much for east coast skiing.
- I rent when I go out west.
- Would rather have a lighter ski
- I still crank them to DIN 7 and they release when I need them too.
- Love Volkls, but not a Volkl bigot!
5'8", 170 lb
Which sticks should I look at?
Edited by billskis - 12/17/12 at 2:16pm