I am a recreational casual skier. I am in Hong Kong and will normally go to Japan 2~3 ski trip a year. 5~6 days skiing per trip.
- 169cm height, 80kg weight
- Intermediate level skier, can ski down red run without difficulty. Will struggle for black run.
- Start learning ski in powder. Not able to ski well in mougle.
- Only ski on piste. May not be skillful to ski off piste in coming 2~3 years.
- Normally does not ski fast. Not aggressive in skiing. Love cursing on trail.
- Want to improve my skills
- Want to use a easy to handle, stable skis.
Snow Condition in Japan
- Lot of new snow fall, reasonably thick snow
- Can have groomed trail
- Reasonably good powder with dry snow
Available ski model:
There are limited Ski models available in our local shops. However, I want to buy skis in local shop because:
- This can support local ski sport industry
- I want to have local support as I am new to skiing gears
I have short-listed the following models:
1. Nordica Fire Arrow 74
2. Head iPeak 78
3. Volkl RTM 75
4. Rossignol Alias 74 ( with 156 length only)
5. Rossignpl Experience 83
Other models available are:
- Rossignol Pursuit 11
- Nordica Hot Rod Igniter CA
- Nordica Hot Rod 74
- Head Icon TT
- Nordica Sport Machine
- Volkl Sensor series
- Volkl Code PSI SMotion
I am new to ski selection. Demo before buying is not feasible. I want to buy them before my coming ski trip in early January. I very much appreciate your comments and opinion sharing.