I'll be there next week (whooo!) and I was wondering if they've opened the peak at all yet. When I was there last year at this time, the website and onthesnow said it was still closed, but when we arrived it was open. Just checking to increase my current level of stoke, if that's even possible.
- itemWhistler Blackcombtagged by System, 11/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- How much of Blackcomb is likely to be open last week in April/1st week in May? Last post on Yesterday at 12:09 pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Spring vacation trip ideas, for a family with beginners, intermediates, and advanced skiers Last post on 3/25/17 at 7:25pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- The 2017 Gathering at Whistler-Blackcomb - An intermediate report Last post on 3/16/17 at 7:33am in Trip Reports
- Epic Pass 2017/2018 is out! Last post on 3/19/17 at 9:38pm in Skiing News
- Family Trip to Whistler Feb 17 Last post on 3/5/17 at 6:43pm in Trip Reports
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Summer Skiing: It Doesn't Have to EndLast edited: 5/17/12
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
- Summer Skiing: It Doesn't Have to End
Anyone been to whistler yet this season?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
no new snow last few days - could be a significant amount over next couple but freezing level also expected to rise so ski to valley still could be iffy.. Alpine, not enough coverage over all the boulders to open top lifts but it's close. (hiking is an option) Mid mountain does have good skiing but this early in the season is always a gamble.
10 day forecasts are useless in the PNW mountains. Even the 3-4 day forecasts are often (usually?) wrong. As you look at them notice how often they change.
One of my instructor friends at Whistler says it's pointless to look at anything besides the forecast the morning you are skiing there, which you do want to do because you want to look at the wind forecast.
Facebook page: "weather and avalanche conditions permitting, both Peak and Harmony chairs are scheduled to open tomorrow December 1"
And now I get to spend the rest of the day imagining I am going to be there
Marty, This site doesn't seem to have a long-range forecast for Whistler, but they do have an 18 month Snowbird forecast
AND they guarantee no reduction in accuracy.
oh my god yes! please stay open at least one more week!!! I've been waiting all year to take my wife up the peak chair and have her enjoy that view. for a couple of east-coasters it's truly life changing.
and it is dumping rain again in Vancouver, probably will amount to another couple of feet in the Alpine by tomorrow. When it opens will be sweet.
Kind of off topic, but this will be my second trip to whistler and I was wondering if you guys could recommend some runs to take that I might not have known were any good the first time up. I probably only skied 1/4 of the mountain or less last year and want to explore more.
Take the Mountain Tours at 11:30 everyday on Whistler and Blackcomb. They know the hill by heart, and also get feedback on the trail in the best condition before they head out.
- Anyone been to whistler yet this season?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 39 minutes ago
- › lessons around Tahoe... 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Atomic Vantage 90 CTI Skis 1 hour, 51 minutes ago
- › Pondering a new bike (but I really shouldn't ... but hey, summer... 2 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 2 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › NYC End of Season Social Gathering 3 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat 3 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Mountains that offer skiing and mountain biking 3 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › My 2nd annual Banff trip: March 9 – 11, 2017 3 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › More Retro memories???? 3 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview