I'll be there next week (whooo!) and I was wondering if they've opened the peak at all yet. When I was there last year at this time, the website and onthesnow said it was still closed, but when we arrived it was open. Just checking to increase my current level of stoke, if that's even possible.
- itemWhistler Blackcombtagged by System, 11/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- Any recommendations on a ski instructor at Whistler? Last post on 11/29/16 at 9:58pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- Whistler. Not really a trip report 'cause i live across the street... " Skiing "... Last post on 11/29/16 at 6:24pm in Trip Reports
- Whistler w/ Strong Intermediate Last post on 11/18/16 at 2:46pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Decision '17: Whistler or Alta/Bird? Last post on 10/27/16 at 7:02am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Kastle ski demo in Whistler Last post on 9/5/16 at 12:27pm in Ski Gear Discussion
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Summer Skiing: It Doesn't Have to EndLast edited: 5/17/12
Flumserberg is a nice day trip ski resort about an hour train ride from Zurich (or drive). I skied here as a midweek season pass holder for a couple of seasons. Midweek it has small lift lines,...
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
- Summer Skiing: It Doesn't Have to End
Anyone been to whistler yet this season?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
no new snow last few days - could be a significant amount over next couple but freezing level also expected to rise so ski to valley still could be iffy.. Alpine, not enough coverage over all the boulders to open top lifts but it's close. (hiking is an option) Mid mountain does have good skiing but this early in the season is always a gamble.
10 day forecasts are useless in the PNW mountains. Even the 3-4 day forecasts are often (usually?) wrong. As you look at them notice how often they change.
One of my instructor friends at Whistler says it's pointless to look at anything besides the forecast the morning you are skiing there, which you do want to do because you want to look at the wind forecast.
Facebook page: "weather and avalanche conditions permitting, both Peak and Harmony chairs are scheduled to open tomorrow December 1"
And now I get to spend the rest of the day imagining I am going to be there
Marty, This site doesn't seem to have a long-range forecast for Whistler, but they do have an 18 month Snowbird forecast
AND they guarantee no reduction in accuracy.
oh my god yes! please stay open at least one more week!!! I've been waiting all year to take my wife up the peak chair and have her enjoy that view. for a couple of east-coasters it's truly life changing.
and it is dumping rain again in Vancouver, probably will amount to another couple of feet in the Alpine by tomorrow. When it opens will be sweet.
Kind of off topic, but this will be my second trip to whistler and I was wondering if you guys could recommend some runs to take that I might not have known were any good the first time up. I probably only skied 1/4 of the mountain or less last year and want to explore more.
Take the Mountain Tours at 11:30 everyday on Whistler and Blackcomb. They know the hill by heart, and also get feedback on the trail in the best condition before they head out.
- Anyone been to whistler yet this season?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 5 minutes ago
- › Calling all Minnesota Epicskiers 2016-2017 7 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 10 minutes ago
- › MCL Exercises 16 minutes ago
- › How To Record Skiing Videos Like This?? 19 minutes ago
- › Arcteryx vs Patagonia 30 minutes ago
- › Wachusett Conditions and get togethers 31 minutes ago
- › Lange RS 2017 boots 37 minutes ago
- › PCMR 3/28 - 4/2 41 minutes ago
- › Footbeds 53 minutes ago
- › Flumserberg by willyofoz
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › 2017 K2 iKonic 85 Ti Review
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues