Seven springs is making snow, and are going to try to open this weekend
- itemSeven Springs Mountain Resorttagged by System, 11/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Mid-Atlantic Gathering 2016-17 Discussion Last post on 9/28/16 at 5:45pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- 2016-17 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, MD, west PA) Last post on 3/23/17 at 3:59pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Seven Springs skiing Icon Mogul Matt Gregory passed away Last post on 1/20/16 at 5:13am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Seven Springs faces possible closure of over 70% of skiable terrain. Last post on 11/25/15 at 10:12am in Skiing News
- Seven Springs Sat Morning Last post on 2/15/15 at 1:24pm in Trip Reports
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Snow is flying
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My son and I finally made it up this morning. It never went below freezing the previous night so the snow was soft. Tyrol, Stowe, the two trails with the same name, Wagner, Fawn and Philips and Santa's Beard park were open. there were a few bare spots by Sunday but still nice conditions. We skied all except Philips which look in better shape than Fawn. All the park rats exit on Fawn.
By mid-day the mogul maniacs had built some nice practice bumps along the skiers right on Stowe (same as it ever was). They were nicely formed and tight but in prime spring condition. The thermometer at the bottom lift shack read near 60.
There was enough blow-in to cover the steep headwall into Yak-Yak Glade and nice cover on the Stowe side to make turns to mid-mountain. The pocket glade between Tyrol and Avalanche was skiable to.
The morning started overcast but soon we got a nice mid-morning blast of blue sky and sunshine. We were smiling before but the sun made us chuckle with mirth. The clear skies turned grey by noon and light rain was soon to fall. By 1 o"clock we were feeling jaded and headed in, happy with the skiing we did and hungry for more.
Man, it nice to be on the snow again.
Super nice to be back on the snow and in November to boot! Friday was the day with all snow skiable and velvety. The side of Tyrol and Avy was sweet and soft. Saturday was good and you got Sunday right.
I now have 26 inches on the yard snow stick at 2650' The Ridge is covered well, but there are no layers to the base just powder so the back country is very limited. Did anyone else get out on the 31st? It was packed powder and there was even good visibility for the first time this season. Best day so far this season.
- › Semantics 15 minutes ago
- › Looking for a pair of park/freestyle ski 33 minutes ago
- › lessons around Tahoe... 36 minutes ago
- › Binding Brakes / Size - Pivot to Enforcer 100 36 minutes ago
- › Skier dies in accident at Hunter Mountain 55 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 58 minutes ago
- › Alta and/or Snowbird April 2017, will you be there? 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Level 2 Attained! 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Pondering a new bike (but I really shouldn't ... but hey, summer... 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › how to get into tree skiing 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview