Hi there, my partner is new to skiing and is wanting to join a ski school / program that offers weekly to twice weekly ski lesson packages over a 6 to 8 week period in Vail. Does anyone know of any programs that are on offer? thanks
- itemVail Resorttagged by System, 11/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- Where should I go for a ski vacation? [Feb family trip, non-skiing mom, from MA] Last post on 10/8/16 at 6:28am in General Skiing Discussion
- Trip in Feb. Need advice on when to buy passes [family, 4 ski days at Vail, Keystone, Breck] Last post on 9/11/16 at 6:34pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Vail vs Alta/Bird Last post on 9/13/16 at 7:21pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- The "Park City Effect": UT Records Best Skier Visits Last post on 7/27/16 at 8:19pm in Skiing News
- The Bunkhouse, Vail's first and only boutique hostel opening May 26th. Last post on 10/1/16 at 6:15pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/17/16
- The Future of Jay Peak and Burke Mountain ResortLast edited: 6/15/16
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
- The Future of Jay Peak and Burke Mountain Resort
Winter Ski lesson programs in Vail
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Welcome to EpicSki! What is the reason you are only looking at Vail? There are a lot of ski schools in that part of Colorado.
What is your partner doing for boots? Renting skis can be the best approach early on until there is a chance to find out what type of ski is better. But well worth investing the time working with an experienced boot fitter. Learning to ski in boots that hurt or are too loose is never a good idea.
If you can get to Breckenridge or Keystone, both of those Vail resorts offer season lesson plans where you can take all the day-long lessons you want every Thursday through Sunday except some holidays.
Vail does have a number of specialty programs, including some geared especially for women (http://www.vail.com/ski-and-snowboard-school/adult-lessons/adult-lessons/specialty-programs.aspx#women#Top) and beginners http://www.vail.com/ski-and-snowboard-school/school-deals.aspx#adultdeals#Top) but I am not sure if any of them are on a weekly basis. If you don`t see exactly what you are looking for and it has to be Vail, I would consider contacting the ski school directly to see if they can put something together for you.
If it doesn`t have to be Vail, I think Kneale`s recommendation could be a good way to go (assuming that they are still selling the unlimited group lessons).
thanks everyone and we have rented a house in West Vail over Jan & Feb so it would need to be in either Vail or Beaver Creek. This will be the 3rd time that my partner has skied with lessons on each occasion and the good news is she loves it. She wants to work on becoming a better skier though she has been sking on hire boots which has given her plenty of grief so we are looking at getting her fitted out in a pair of the Zipfit boot liners or possibly surefoot.
thanks for all of your suggestions and we will look into it further
I would recommend seeing Greg just below the top of chair 4 for boots assuming your partner is up to skiing an easy blue...I got fitted in Breck by Jeff Bergeron, but Greg was just listed as one of the top 15 boot fitters in the US...not sure how he works it, but being on the hill has to have some advantages.
- Winter Ski lesson programs in Vail
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 5 minutes ago
- › North American snow watch 2016- snow reports needed! 16 minutes ago
- › Adjusting Head bindings for boot length 23 minutes ago
- › Skiing Japan 25 minutes ago
- › October 2016 Image of the Month Contest 42 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › New brand. Stellar equipment 2 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › Achilles tear no surgery 5 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › Saving boots for another kid 5 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer