I heard they loaded a box, started it up the line, then reversed it and unloaded it at the bottom. I have never heard of that happening before.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- 2016-2017 Jackson Hole / Grand Targhee Meetup Thread Last post on 10/9/16 at 7:04pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Early March Trip Destination? Last post on 2/18/16 at 7:37pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2015-2016 Jackson Hole, Grand Targhee Meetup Thread Last post on 9/9/16 at 2:27pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Jackson Hole and Big Sky or Alta? Last post on 12/16/15 at 4:53pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Trying to take a ski trip, don't know where to go. [from Philadelphia during Christmas... Last post on 1/3/16 at 9:14am in General Skiing Discussion
Gathering 2009 Jackson Hole
Last edited: 1/11/13
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/24/16
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort - An Unofficial Guide to Skiing...Last edited: 10/8/13
- Back Home in the Jackson BackcountryLast edited: 9/12/16
- Jackson Hole Guide To Skiing Jackson Hole Mountain ResortLast edited: 10/25/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
2012/13 Jackson Hole & Grand Targhee Ski & Weather Conditions Thread - Page 2post #31 of 5312/10/12 at 6:41pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 5312/14/12 at 4:02pm
Nice thread Bob! We are starting out a little slow but are looking for numerous storms to pick things up starting today. My daughter is racing at Park City all next week and we are counting on good conditions by then. Keep the awesome pictures coming!!!
Steelpost #33 of 5312/14/12 at 7:58pmThread Starter
Good to hear from you. I'm sure you'll get hit here sometime soon.
We've kept up with the mild snowfall and constantly improving conditions. I mean, it's ridiculously good above 7,500 feet and just keeps getting better. And - surprise - it's snowing again here in the valley right now.
Here's a photo from today of a former US Ski Team racer forerunning a little adult ski camp race.:post #34 of 5312/16/12 at 7:41pmThread Starter
The photo above was taken exactly during the approximately one hour of clear skies we've had in the last week or so.
While we're under a winter storm warning right now, these past several days have been PERFECT weather for Jackson Hole. It's been snowing on and off almost continuously, but not enough to cause significant avalanche conditions. Two inches, four inches, eight inches every day is the ideal recipe for outstanding skiing.
I talked with one of the ski corp's marketing guys this morning and he said that so far we've had measurable snow every day in December.
I kind of like that.post #35 of 5312/17/12 at 6:32amThread Starter
The saga continues...
Sixteen inches of new snow in the last 24 hours. Twelve to sixteen forecast for the NEXT 24 hours.
It's pretty amazing.post #36 of 5312/17/12 at 8:29ampost #37 of 5312/18/12 at 5:46pmpost #38 of 5312/18/12 at 8:22pmThread Starter
Corbet's Couloir was still closed, although it's looking like it might open fairly soon:
S&S Couloir looks like it needs a LOT more snow:
Unnamed skier contemplating his next move in the Expert Chutes:
Lander Bowl from the tram just before they opened the Lower Faces:post #39 of 5312/19/12 at 6:14pmpost #40 of 533/6/13 at 11:02ampost #41 of 533/6/13 at 3:29pmThread Starter
Yes, it has snowed. Quite a bit, actually. It's snowing right now.
Problem is, while it's snowed enough (and stayed cold enough) to provide good coverage and skiing, it hasn't snowed enough to get downright giddy about reporting the conditions. We've had a few very good medium-level powder days. We've had some spectacular bluebird-groomer days and a good share of excellent off-piste days.
However, what everybody on Epic wants to hear about is, well, EPIC days. Those have been in short supply this winter.post #42 of 533/6/13 at 3:57pmThanks, Bob. I've been dealing with the vagaries of diminishing airline frequent flyer availability lately, but it's possible I might make it out that way in a week or so, fingers crossed. If I do, it will be personally EPIC, regardless of the actual snowfall amounts.post #43 of 533/7/13 at 3:35pmThread Starter
Just to give you an update, here are some photos of EpicSkiers Segbrown and SkiNurse today.
Segbrown making tracks:
SkiNurse in the Rock Garden:
Segbrown up against the wall:
SkiNurse under the icicles:post #44 of 533/7/13 at 4:08pmpost #45 of 533/7/13 at 5:12pmThread StarterQuote:
You got me there.
The non-epic-ness of those photos is that we had to go out of bounds to get them. We had five inches of new snow overnight and it made for some pretty nice skiing ob today.post #46 of 533/7/13 at 5:19pmpost #47 of 533/8/13 at 5:51ampost #48 of 533/8/13 at 5:55amThread StarterQuote:
I do admit to being spoiled. But why would you live in a premier ski resort and not EXPECT to be a little spoiled?
Glad to hear you'll be here soon. We have a little more snow coming the next 24-36 hours, but then the forecast into the middle of next week is for pretty warm and sunny. We'll see how that shapes up and how the snow conditions will react.
Here's another little tease from the backcountry on Teton Pass a few days ago:post #49 of 533/8/13 at 5:59am
The positives: breathtaking scenery, fresh snow, untracked lines and the most amazing guide!
The negatives: It ended way too soon.
Thanks for such a great time & taking the time to show us around!
Edited by SkiNurse - 3/8/13 at 7:02ampost #50 of 533/13/13 at 9:12am
Fingers crossed! Hope the temperatures trend down.
"At this early stage, odds favor big snow from the storm to run north of Denver. A heavy amount of snow could fall over portions of Montana, Wyoming and the Dakotas with wind, poor visibility and perhaps whiteout conditions for a time later Sunday into Monday."post #51 of 533/13/13 at 9:19ampost #52 of 533/13/13 at 1:12pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by ADKS
Fingers crossed! Hope the temperatures trend down.
"At this early stage, odds favor big snow from the storm to run north of Denver. A heavy amount of snow could fall over portions of Montana, Wyoming and the Dakotas with wind, poor visibility and perhaps whiteout conditions for a time later Sunday into Monday."Quote:
Don't know if this upcoming storm will be all that significant for us. It has more the look of a Great Plains storm moving off the east slope of the Rockies. Our 7-day NOAA forecast only has slight chance of snow on Saturday and Sunday and then partly cloudy with some snow showers toward the middle of the week.
It DOES appear that temps will drop at least a little bit from the 50F (in town, not on the mountain) warm spell we're supposed to have tomorrow (Thursday, March 14).
As it looks right now, the skis to bring would be your favorite hard-snow skis for the mornings and your favorite slush puppies for the afternoons.post #53 of 533/13/13 at 1:29pm
Since we won't get there until the night of Sunday the 24th, I'm hoping that second wave of storms holds up.
^ That looks encouraging at the moment, not that I put much stock in 10 day forecasts. I'm curious, what's the local go-to weather source around Jackson? For Tahoe and Colorado it's all about OpenSnow.com, but surprisingly they don't have a Wyoming / Idaho specific forecaster on staff yet.
- 2012/13 Jackson Hole & Grand Targhee Ski & Weather Conditions Thread
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Basic entry level poles? 13 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 28 minutes ago
- › What Should our FEET FEEL? 28 minutes ago
- › Brand New Skis - Do they need wax? 31 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 43 minutes ago
- › Bode News 50 minutes ago
- › Achilles tear no surgery 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Ski dimensions advice [2nd season in WA, bought used Solomon Scream W] 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › Beginner boots rent vs buying + ski/walk mode 1 hour, 46 minutes ago
- › Ruin and Rose (new ski movie from Matchstick Productions) 1 hour, 48 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer