my name is Luka Jelaska, and I am student of industrial design in Croatia.
I am working on new sitski / monoski project, which tends to be in two years from now in phase ready for production, as it is self-initiated project.
As I don't want to skip any of key aspects of that product such as construction, function, materials, ergonomics, dynamics and aesthetics, I am trying to do as much as fundamental research as possible.
In my country there is only one athlete that uses adaptive skis professional, but as much as he can help me I need more information from as much as possible users, coaches that know about that sport, product and could help me.
So I hope everybody in here that could help me will try to do it by answering some questions that I have prepared, and find useful for further progress of my research.
Thank you in advance for your help, as much useful answers I get, it's bigger chance for project to realise!
The questions are based for users, but please all the coaches with experience in that sport try to help as much as u can with your answers, or additional suggestions what to look for when developing sitski product.
1. What level of disability do you have?
2. What monoski / sitski do you use/have tried?
3. Do you sitski for recreation or professional?
4. What are, in your opinion, based on your experience, the advantages, disadvantages on each one of them?
5. What kind of suspension / shock absorber do they have, could it be adjusted and in which way?
6. What is the difference in skiing by adjusting the seating angle of the seat/leg support?
7. What is the difference in skiing by adjusting the seating height from the ground?
8. Do you/did you use chairlift/ lift anchor with your sitski / sitski that u used?
Can you do it by yourself, or did you need help from somebody around?
9. I You could choose between adjustability and light weight of sitski, what would you prefer more?
What adjustability you couldn''t compromise?
10. Based on adjustability, what do you find useful to adjust right away on the snow?
11. Do you know someone who is interested in adaptive skiing, but for some reason he/she does not ski?
What is that reason?
12. In general, what are the disadvantages in adaptive skiing that, in your opinion, could be improved?
Any additional advices are welcome!
Thank you again for your help!